Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all,

I've decided to keep my car on coilovers, after I wound them up and adjusted the rake which improved things quite a lot. I'd jumped the gun in buying Eibach lowering springs to replace them, and some brand new rear shocks! I've listed them on ebay which a cheap starting price if anyones looking for any.

Eibachs - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eibach-Lo...644943?hash=item1c62fa250f:g:My4AAOSwv9hW4Vd-

Shocks - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rear-shoc...648608?hash=item1c62fa3360:g:9LEAAOSwyjBW4VjP

Cheers!

·
Registered
883 Posts
see told you and after a year they bed in well I took mine up just a tad they work well not so crashy they are not the most comfortable but do make the car handle well and looks good

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah they're much better now theyre a bit wound up, I also had some reverse rake on the go accidentally - which probably didn't help the bouncy springy front end!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Yeah they're much better now theyre a bit wound up, I also had some reverse rake on the go accidentally - which probably didn't help the bouncy springy front end!

The front does bounce a bit like low rider lol

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Saw these springs listed last night, keeping an eye on them for myself!

Would want to pair them to a new set of dampers though.. Not sure how well the 80k originals would take to a 25mm drop, but I suspect my lower back wouldn't like the results...

Anyone got any tips? Looking for a non-crash smooth ride, but not too sporty.. I like the sounds of replacing OEM shocks with Bilstein B4s (OEM+ quality, not too sporty), but again reports of people dropping ride height on B4s suggest that's not a good combo...

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Saw these springs listed last night, keeping an eye on them for myself!

Would want to pair them to a new set of dampers though.. Not sure how well the 80k originals would take to a 25mm drop, but I suspect my lower back wouldn't like the results...

Anyone got any tips? Looking for a non-crash smooth ride, but not too sporty.. I like the sounds of replacing OEM shocks with Bilstein B4s (OEM+ quality, not too sporty), but again reports of people dropping ride height on B4s suggest that's not a good combo...
happy with my B12 and eibach combo for now....

however I will defo get around to fitting some Koni FSD's and some new springs at some point so when I do the lot will go...give me about 3 months and you can have em for a decent price if you like.

would like another 5mm in the ride height and something a bit more ''reactive'' the b12 is good but on bad roads which is all of the where I live can get a bit unsettled.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
happy with my B12 and eibach combo for now....
So what market does the B12 kit aim at then?

As I understood it, the B4 was more or less direct OEM replacement... Standard length, standard damping, just a slightly better shock than OEM..

B6 was for lowered/sportier set ups..

B8 was for lowereder/sportierer set ups...

B12 is for those that have no bones left in their spine to break?

Can't stress enough how much I want to avoid anything that makes the ride harsher... We all know how p*ss poor the original set-up is for a crashy yet roll-polly ride.. I want smooth as butter when driving normally, possibly a little more firm when you lean on in the corners, but bumps potholes and high-speed cruising on shoddy motorways must be handled with aplomb.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Since a couple of folks have asked, and I completely forgot to add the detail - the part number on these is E10-10-004-01-22!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts