Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've got a cheap 1.5 engine going. It's a manual tappet single carb engine removed from my Minari (I'm fitting a 1.7 16v). It'll come with the appropriate inlet manifold, carb, etc. but no distributor or alternator. It was running when removed from the car, however the last time I started it up it flung flaming petrol out of the carburettor so the carb is full of dry powder from a fire extinguisher. I don't think it will have caused any damage to the engine but I'm not sure why it did it in the first place. I'll chuck in the K&N but it'll need cleaning out as it is also full of powder. I drained the engine of oil about 8 months ago and it's been sat in my workshop, I now need the space back! As far as I'm aware it's only done 33k from new but it could probably do with a rebuild as it had sat for a number of years and then I went and put 2k miles on it before laying the car up.

Heres a couple of photos of it, the last photo is how it current sits. I'll be pulling the gearbox off it before collection. The callipers on the gearbox are also up for grabs, they were newly rebuilt units from JustSuds about 14 months ago. They've done about 300 miles (as have the EBC green stuffs) but the handbrake has seized on so they could probably do with a little bit of work (I don't think it would take much to free them off and grease the pin).

I'm after £50 for the engine and £70 for both callipers. Alternatively, I'll trade both or either for a working 1.7 16v gearbox from a 33, 145 or 146 (not fussy).

Collection only from near Leighton Buzzard in Bedfordshire.

Thanks!

Adam

Attachments

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Hello Adam,

I trust go received the front cross member I sent you….:)

I have a spare decent 16v gearbox in a crate in my shed that you are welcome to if you wanted. Could probably find you a decent second alternator if you needed it as well.

May perhaps be able to come up with some sort of trade. Probably not the engine, but maybe you have some thoughts…..

E.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Adam,

I trust go received the front cross member I sent you….:)

I have a spare decent 16v gearbox in a crate in my shed that you are welcome to if you wanted. Could probably find you a decent second alternator if you needed it as well.

May perhaps be able to come up with some sort of trade. Probably not the engine, but maybe you have some thoughts…..

E.
I'll drop you an email!

·
Registered
233 Posts
I would be very interested in the gearbox complete with calipers - may have the gearbox you require but need to check - think it came out of 145 - will try take a photo
cheers

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would be very interested in the gearbox complete with calipers - may have the gearbox you require but need to check - think it came out of 145 - will try take a photo
cheers
Hi, that sounds good. If you could get a couple of photos that would be great.

Where abouts are you?

Thanks!

Adam

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.