Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forced to Sale as project or parts for your own epic build:

1969 GTV (as licensed in South Africa)

Details in thread: http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/south-africa/312123-1968-gt-1300-junior.html

The value parts:

Alfa 155 Twinspark 8V, balanced and lightened assembly, slight headwork, increased plenum, custom sump, machined crank to accept 105 spigot shaft, etc. all done at Turbonutters

Complete Alfaholics suspension (around R30k)

Alfaholics brake parts: drilled/slotted rotors, SS lines, dual circuit brake pedal box with remote, utilize Brembo calipers (from Alfa 75) in front, stock calipers rear (another R20k +++)

Alfa Lim Slip Diff from 2.0 auto (can't remember price but a lot)

Diamond Racing Wheels custom backspace with massive rubber, can always go smaller tires to fit the homologated arches in rear without mod.

Include widened 14" steeliness with brand new tires

GTA homologated arches from Alfaholics

1750 Flying Buttress seats (R5000)

Spare 155 TS 8V (both cost R10k each, one still standard)

A lot of parts and work done, so check the thread and ask questions. If you don't like the style, just pull the parts and put on another shell.

Will consider offers, but would realistically like the expensive parts value in the R70k range and throw in the car and extra spares.:cry::cry::cry:

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Scotty, is that a full set of seats cos I''ll take them if they're in good nick and I can get them down here at a decent price.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Dam Scotty sorry to hear this.Is this a financial decision or something else? What will it cost to complete TN?
I have my Alfa serviced at TN and have seen it a few times , must admit not realy for me but surely will be a lot easier to sell if completed? even if its just road legal?
By the way in your price there is no cost for the months of labour by the TN chaps! must remember that with my next service:lol:

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Richard,
I will have to settle with TN as well, just jammed up and may to depart. Some threats against family, so all vehicles registered in my name need new owners, etc. Not ideal...

El, it is a set of seats...give a few days to see it it sells as a lot, then we can talk about breaking it up.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
that is bad threats agains family , what sort of country is this! I have lived here for 40 years and my wife for 25 and this sort of behavior always makes us wonder if its safe.
We are getting on now so not that easy just to pack up and go but with no children not that hard.
Are you involved with the Rhino project?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Just been reading some of your posts Scotty and if someone in your possition is concerned than the rest of us must run dam this is scarry!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Richard, yes we have taken a whole new approach to poaching, really all animals. We just exploded a huge organized crime syndicate...never great to do dirty work in your backyard. I am taking every precaution to ensure my family can stay, as they are VERY happy here. Not quite as worried about myself, but when they start following your kids, it is a different story.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Crime sucks in this beloved country! It affects every facet of our lives, right down to our cars. Hope everything works out fine for you Scotty. Your plight sickens me.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Sorry to hear about that scotty sad to see you go,will get money paid over to you as soon as TN is finished with amante.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Hey Scotty, that really sucks. My absolute sympathies with your situation. I don't know what I would do if low lifes threatened my family.

Yeah, this Rhino poaching seems to go a lot deeper and higher than most of us realise.

"I see a GTA rep in your future"

Ciao

·
Registered
565 Posts
scotty sorry to hear effing threats and what not do what you gotta do glock up brother all the best with the sale and hope the fam(n u) are safe and secure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts