Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was asked to give a quick review of my 'new toy' by the above mentioned AO member who saw my fleet listing on another thread and hi-jacked it.
I am lucky enough to be the owner of red LE 316. I have only had the car for one month and have just gone over the 1000 mile mark.
It really is an exciting car to drive and brings a real smile and enthusiastic response from other motorists. Even just stopping for fuel results in people showing great interest and taking loads of photos. The driving style did take some getting used to at first, the car is 5" wider than the 916's and judging the width was initially quite tricky. The noise from the engine is quite dramatic and in 'D' mode sounds like a Lambo or Ferrari 'supercar'. It is stupidly fast and I have to be very careful to keep within legal boundaries, (i have since fitted a front reg. plate before anyone asks). I have had 3M film fitted to the front bumper and sills as even the shortest of journeys seemed to result in a stone chip. The storage is minimal, the boot is the size of an office waste bin, but then, who has a car like this for luggage ?? The feel of the car is very sure footed and I must say that so far I just can't stop grinning during every drive.

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
I'll not apologise for hijacking a thread!
Especially when it elicits your response and photos!!!:D

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
All I can think of to say is :thumbs: Enjoy :)

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A company called Mint Preparation, they are based in Surrey although they did travel to my house in Dorset and apply it in my own garage. !!!!!!

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I tried to PM you but I don't think that you have enough posts to qualify for receivership yet.
I don't want to put his details on the general site as he mainly works direct for London dealerships such as Ferrari, Maserati, Bentley, Rolls etc., but will do occasional 'outside' work on a recommendation.
I think you may need 10 posts or more to receive PM's so I will get you his details when your count is higher.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks will do write some more posts, got my 4c last week what a car, well worth the wait its a amazing. Will try and put pictures on!

·
Registered
536 Posts
I tried to PM you but I don't think that you have enough posts to qualify for receivership yet.
I don't want to put his details on the general site as he mainly works direct for London dealerships such as Ferrari, Maserati, Bentley, Rolls etc., but will do occasional 'outside' work on a recommendation.
I think you may need 10 posts or more to receive PM's so I will get you his details when your count is higher.
Can you drop me a note of his contact details please? Are you happy with the results? Thanks.

Thanks will do write some more posts, got my 4c last week what a car, well worth the wait its a amazing. Will try and put pictures on!
Congratulations! Enjoy yourself and get us some pictures ASAP! Also try and get it wrapped ASAP, because the paint chips easily!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts