Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems everyone is jumping on the "bandwagon" condeming woods for his non golf activities...who really gives a s**t whether this bloke is shegging 10 women or 50 !!..not me...i enjoy watching him play golf..as for his sponsers having an holier than thou attitude to protect their image...right well known razor maker....this is the company that charges a 4000% mark up on its refills...you really give a s**t about us...you robbing feckers..

leave woods alone tabloids and the like...ever heard of stones in glass houses...

mike...:mad:

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
+1 I don't care what he gets up to in his private life. It's his business

Tiger Woods is merely human - shocker.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Why have Gillette got the hump they could use it to their advantage
"Having sex with a hot wife, and many others behind her back.......The best a man can get"
I think their missing a trick there!

·
Registered
16,897 Posts
tricky one, this. I presume they sponsor him because he's great at Golf, not for his values as a person. That said, he's almost certainly meant to be a Brand Ambassador for them, so you can probably understand his sponsors' unease. But, how clean are his sponsors' consciences? Do none of them have ghosts in their corporate closets? A little bit of child labour here, and a quiet bung there, or a blind eye to a health and safety issue that compromises safety in a sweat shop? I'm not sure they're in a position to get high and mighty about a person's private affairs.

Additionally, if he's meant to be a role model, what's to say that a negative role model can't also have an impact? Shag about behind wife's back, do naughty stuff etc = seriously damaged career. I'd say that's a pretty strong message.

I just think the world of corporate sponsorship is entering into murky waters...the corporate dollars can't scrub anyone completely squeaky clean.

·
Registered
54,872 Posts
He started it :tut:

Trading on a squeeky clean image that has proved to be false :rolleyes:

And yes, he is a superb golfer and could have avoided all of this by not
setting himself up as pure in the first place and simply lived off his
brilliant golfing skills :rolleyes:

·
Registered
16,897 Posts
Hello Gibbo :)

ok; I don't know much about Golf, and even less about Tiger Woods.

Maybe he just shows that it's better to be hated for what you are, rather than loved for what you're not.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Couldn't care less what he does in his own life. However, gagging UK press so they can't report on the naked shagging piccies that Playgirl mag have got hold of when the rest of the world can do so does not endear me to him. Enjoys free speech in his own country but doesn't like it elsewhere eh!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts