Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any mileage in having a sort of ongoing football discussion/chat thread sort of like the other chat thread?

It could just sort of be there and those with an interest could pop in and discuss football related issues without annoying those with no interest.

I know the idea of a sports lounge has been discussed but that seems abit over elaborate to me.

·
Administrator
87,076 Posts
There was an "Official World Cup Football" thread previously, it wasn't used by many & it didn't stop many more users starting separate threads ;)

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
I have no strong feelings about whether it should be a dedicated lounge or just allow threads to spring up as and when.

I appreciate that some folk get annoyed by them but we have all sorts of drivel (to me) that I accept just doesn't interest me and ignore. I like to chat about Alfas and life in general with my mates and there are enough football fans to justify its existence on here as much as anything else WOT.

How sad would it be if we couldn't bait the up themselves Liverpool fans -and them us, and the same for tribal rivalries up and down the country, that still end up with us being able to have a drink and a manly slap of the shoulder after a good argument about the opposition's failings? Surely it is a part of the fabric of our society?

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
A good idea IMHO, after all there is a dedicated Motorsport section...

WOT should be exactly that 'Way Of Topic', I can't see how football threads can be classified in that category

Only an opinion mind :eek:

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
I don't do footy, I don't find the related threads intrusive though...

But a 'general footy banter thread' seems like good idea :thumbs:

·
Registered
54,872 Posts
Do you mean a sticky thread on football? You can start a
dedicated thread anytime you like and it will either sink or
swim. Just do it :D

As for it being a sticky, I dunno. Some people don't like them :(

·
Registered
14,827 Posts
Just let a thread spring up when the whim takes an AO member. Many times they are related to a specific match or score line.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You're all ignoring the new thread on purpose aren't you?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
*******s! I don't have to come on here to be ridiculed, my wife and kids (and occasionally the cat and dog) will do that for me without the need for fibre optic broadband.

·
Administrator
87,076 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts