Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Leeds United.
Boro! :p

Followed them since '86 when Mowbray was captain. Now he's back as manager and I still go with the lad whose dad took me to my first match. We take our kids now though. :thumbs:

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Manchester United. Always, went with my dad as barely more than toddling, you don't change these things.

Even though it exposes me to the inevitable ABU hatred and abuse that goes with it. It has been worth it, even when it was really bad in the 70's.

R

·
0 Posts
Ah but that's the Sir Thomas Lipton trophy or first world cup you're thinking about.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Leeds United. 1970 onwards when they were the best team by a country mile, then on th the ill fated cloughie era to the present shambles.

G

·
0 Posts
Brighton & Hove Albion, since my first time on the terraces there in about 1971. Talk about ups and downs!

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
The only club team to have ever won the Jules Rimet trophy :)

Absolutely :thumbs:

Unfortunately, comes with built in yo-yo :(

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
The only club team to have ever won the Jules Rimet trophy :)
Ah, West Ham's claim to fame, their single handed demolition of all comers in international football. Did ANY other teams possibly have anyone in the England team or were all 11 from the Hammers? :rolleyes: I've heard that story so many times I'm no longer sure of my own memory.;)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Southampton.....my home town club, feeling a little uncomfortable sat on top of the league, it just isn't right if we aren't struggling, but LOVING the ride right now!

I sincerely believe that the journey to the "promised land" is FAR better than actually being there, loved League 1 and the Championship is properly competitive :)

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Southampton.....my home town club, feeling a little uncomfortable sat on top of the league, it just isn't right if we aren't struggling, but LOVING the ride right now!

I sincerely believe that the journey to the "promised land" is FAR better than actually being there, loved League 1 and the Championship is properly competitive :)
One of the ladies in our offices (in Manchester married to a United fan so she's OK!) is a Soton girl/fan and says much the same thing.

·
Registered
105 Posts
One of the ladies in our offices (in Manchester married to a United fan so she's OK!) is a Soton girl/fan and says much the same thing.
Yep....The atmosphere feels better and the fans are definitely noisier....plenty to learn about passion for your team (and humility) from lower league fans.

Can't say I'm that excited about getting tonked 5-0 by Man City, but it would be nice, if we get promoted during the next 2-3 seasons, not to have to wait up till the small hours to see 14 seconds of highlights from Saturday's match :D

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

....why do i feel that way too....is it because kissing the badge doesn't seem to happen in this league ??

1 - 20 of 78 Posts