Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a simple alternative for the metal foot pedals?

find it quite dangerous at times when my feet slip off when theyre wet.....

a few times ive slipped of the pedal in traffic now so its not good...............

and covers or replacemnts available from anywhere?

scott.

·
Vendor
45,953 Posts
They should have rubber pads coming through the metal to give grip, but these may have worn down. You could just take them off, I think the original rubber covers will be underneath, if they aren't then you can just get some from a breaker. I'm not a fan of the pedals either.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, will try and remove the metal part tomorrow then... so doing this will maybe leave rubber only hopefully?

·
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
3,202 Posts
thanks guys, will try and remove the metal part tomorrow then... so doing this will maybe leave rubber only hopefully?
No, under the metal is just the rubber matt and under that one is the bare metal pedal. You still need to get the rubber pedal covers that regular 147 have.

The original GTA pedals are crazy expensive, I think here locally they were about 2 x 80 EUR + 1x100EUR for thr gas pedal...:wow:

·
Identity Confirmed, Authorised Trader
42 Posts
Hi,

We have just done this to a customers 147 GTA, you can remove the pedals, the accelerator pedal will be as a normal 147 pedal as soon as you remove the GTA one. The brake and clutch pedals will need rubbers. The clutch and brake standard 147 rubbers are different to each other, they look the same shape but the brake one has a kind of shield to stop your foot getting stuck under the brake pedal when moving from the accelerator.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards

Alfarama

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Cracking idea.

·
Registered
32 Posts
For brake and clutch, Mercedes sells the rubbers alone, with one automatic brake and a clutch, I done my three pedals.

Paying attention, the oem were cilindrical, now my rubbers are like mushrooms xD.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I wear number 12 shoes....no problem.
So just keep a bigger shoe for your left foot lying in the car.... lol.

·
Registered
961 Posts
For brake and clutch, Mercedes sells the rubbers alone, with one automatic brake and a clutch, I done my three pedals.

Paying attention, the oem were cilindrical, now my rubbers are like mushrooms xD.
What Merc part number did you get please?

Thanks

Olly.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Thanks. Those pedals are a liability with damp feet. Sure I'm not the only one who religiously does a little "shoe clean shuffle" on the mat before setting off :) My foot slipped off the clutch when it was very heavy (before it was replaced) and thanks to the huge torque of the Busso I didn't stall and nearly crashed into a fence - I was reversing at the time. I was seriously thinking of just putting standard pedal rubbers on them, but this is a really nice solution!

Cheers

Olly.

·
Registered
433 Posts
if you have a 156 GTA, why dont you use the rubber on the footrest, and replace the footrest with the ones you have taken from the peddles..................I am sure it isn't critical that your foot doesn't slip off the foot rest.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts