21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
:cheese: Tw*t

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Ok here is how it was... As I passed him he immediately pulled into the outside lane and right up my rear (up to that point nothing else had occurred). I floored it and opened up a gap of 25 yards or so indicated left and pulled into the middle lane. Touched the brakes to let him pass , he pulled in behind me again so I floored it and went round the roundabout....he never made it.
So you were racing him then :p

Bad, Naughty Renone :tut:

Please report to L4F for your punishment !! :lol:

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Poor bugger - bet he feels a fool.... :(

·
Registered
597 Posts
Ok here is how it was... As I passed him he immediately pulled into the outside lane and right up my rear (up to that point nothing else had occurred). I floored it and opened up a gap of 25 yards or so indicated left and pulled into the middle lane. Touched the brakes to let him pass , he pulled in behind me again so I floored it and went round the roundabout....he never made it. As to my car I plead the fifth as my first love is my Spider but I do need a daily long distance workhorse.
If its where I think it is, thats a 2-lane dual carriageway, so no middle lane. All concerned should be grateful no blood was spilled!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Just for the record - not me either.

Sounds like he bit off more than he could chew. Thankfully he wasn't (apparently) injured. Maybe he was lucky and has learned his lesson - albeit a hard way.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Alfie155 you are right it is only 2 lanes and yes, before you ask, it is the last roundabout before Sutton. Someone of my age and experience should know better but when the guy sits on your rear so close that you cannot see his headlights and then when you move over he does it again it leaves little choice. I think he just got upset because I sailed past at the previous set of lights as they changed. I think he wanted to make the point he could keep up.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I dare say a lot of us have been guilty of suffering from Male Ego Syndrome. I like to think that age has tempered mine, but I remember having a similar prang in my Triumph Herald when I was 19. Nothing dented except my pride. Learned a lesson, though. :lol:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Some idiot in a Golf GTI tried to follow my AWD Brera round a couple of roundabouts in Bracknell the other day.

I watched in the rear mirror as he (somewhat distantly) almost lost it completely when straightening up on rejoiningnthe dual carriageway.

I wouldn't have wanted to do his laundry! :tut: :tut:

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Alfie155 you are right it is only 2 lanes and yes, before you ask, it is the last roundabout before Sutton. Someone of my age and experience should know better but when the guy sits on your rear so close that you cannot see his headlights and then when you move over he does it again it leaves little choice. I think he just got upset because I sailed past at the previous set of lights as they changed. I think he wanted to make the point he could keep up.
I slow right down... that really pi$$es them off !! :D

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I slow right down... that really pi$$es them off !! :D

That would've been my move. Far cooler way of dealing with the situation.

E

·
0 Posts
It is very annoying when idiots do that. I had it on Friday on the A2/M2, at the point where there are two lanes after a long hill. Traffic was slow in the nearside lane so I was in the outside overtaking, and a lorry pulls out to overtake. Obviously this slows traffic down, and I look in my mirror to see some **** in a VW Sharan about 2 foot from my rear bumper. I will admit that it made my blood boil and as soon as the lorry moved back in I gave the guy the finger, which he clearly saw being so close, dropped into 4th and nailed it. This is the point you could lose your license in a GTA, 100 mph is dispatched rather quickly :eek:

D

·
0 Posts
If someone is tailgating me for no apparant reason; Ie; In that I have no way of going faster because there's a car in front etc, then I slow right on down and watch them in my rear view mirror as they get even angrier waving their arms about etc, :lol:

If however, I'm doing the limit or faster and theres no one in front of me and THEN someone tailgates me then I floor it and try to outrun them, usually I win, not now though, not in this car, :lol:

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
That would've been my move. Far cooler way of dealing with the situation.
Then let them past only to overtake them again a little way down the road...

E

·
0 Posts
Impressive statistics. I had a quick look at the the original report:

If you take 100 Australians (preferably not just after they've won a test match, otherwise put them in a soundproof room)...

* 8 are smokers who have a mental illness (32% of all with a mental illness)
* 13 are smokers who do not have a mental illness (18% of all without a mental illness)
* Thus, 38% of smokers have a mental illness.

The comorbidity between substance use, self-medication and mental illness is well known. The one thing that worries me a little here is the definition of mental disorder they used - it includes "Substance abuse disorders", which is a bit self-fulfilling in this context. On the other hand, "drug use dependence" other than alcohol only accounts for one of our mentally ill Australian smokers, so a more cautious figure might be about 35% of all smokers. Still twice the non-mentally ill figure though.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts