Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:tut: Who was the w##Ker in the Brera tonight that chased me down the A217 and out braked himself at the roundabout and then promptly stuffed it into the roundabout! As you know I drove round to see you were ok, saw you standing looking sheepish. Looks like you did your front wheel……sorry I left you there but you don’t deserve to drive a decent car! If you are a member of this forum, hold your hand up. PS the public highway is not a race track and next time some old fart in a faster car just passes you remember it’s not an invitation to race!

M

·
0 Posts
Does make you mad doesn't it? I'd be surprised if the person concerned held his or her hands up for it - sheer embarrassment.

Oh, it wasn't me either. :)

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Yup brake fade in a Brera can get pretty scary at times !! :eek:

I never gotten into that much trouble in mine though !! :)

·
Registered
15,298 Posts
:tut: Who was the w##Ker in the Brera tonight that chased me down the A217 and out braked himself at the roundabout and then promptly stuffed it into the roundabout! As you know I drove round to see you were ok, saw you standing looking sheepish. Looks like you did your front wheel……sorry I left you there but you don’t deserve to drive a decent car! If you are a member of this forum, hold your hand up. PS the public highway is not a race track and next time some old fart in a faster car just passes you remember it’s not an invitation to race!
What colour was it? And where about' along the A217?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not sure about the colour due to time of night but it was possibly a dark red? It happened at the roundabout at the end of the mad mile.
I still cannot believe the way the guy was desperate to keep up with me and try to get to the roundabout first. Sorry that he stuffed it but he must have known that there was no way he could have out braked me let alone pass and get round the roundabout.

·
Registered
15,298 Posts
not sure about the colour due to time of night but it was possibly a dark red? It happened at the roundabout at the end of the mad mile.
I still cannot believe the way the guy was desperate to keep up with me and try to get to the roundabout first. Sorry that he stuffed it but he must have known that there was no way he could have out braked me let alone pass and get round the roundabout.
Hmmm - no; don't know anyone with a dark red one - maybe it was someone in a demonstrator who was thinking of changing from his BMW :D:D:D

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
A dim wit :rolleyes: :lol:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The funny part is (or not so funny) was that I was driving my new German estate ( please don't give me a hard time over that!).

E

·
0 Posts
The funny part is (or not so funny) was that I was driving my new German estate ( please don't give me a hard time over that!).
I guess if you got into some difficulty the caterpillar tracks would help you over the roundabout? :)

Was there cctv about I wonder? Might be worth a word with the local dibble, long shot but you never know. Might at least find out what team he plays for.

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
So renone... where you actually racing this guy :confused:

D

·
0 Posts
What Nomad said, it sounds as though you were racing him as much as he was racing you.

Either way, you won, as you didn't crash, :lol:

Also, what car were you in mate? :confused:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok here is how it was... As I passed him he immediately pulled into the outside lane and right up my rear (up to that point nothing else had occurred). I floored it and opened up a gap of 25 yards or so indicated left and pulled into the middle lane. Touched the brakes to let him pass , he pulled in behind me again so I floored it and went round the roundabout....he never made it. As to my car I plead the fifth as my first love is my Spider but I do need a daily long distance workhorse.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
:/ I know this road well... I've had serious brake fade before approaching that roundabout. I wasn't going too fast either!!

Got the sports brakes now, it hasn't happened since. :) That roundabout does come up pretty quickly if you are exceeding the 60 limit.. :eek:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts