Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Phil155, was your damage done at Sainsbury's up at Warren Heath, as the missus had her Megane 225 hit twice in two weeks, paint taken right down to the plastic on the front and rear bumpers.

Refuses to go to Sainbury's anymore and goes to Tesco's where the bays are bigger.

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
al147gta said:
Phil155, was your damage done at Sainsbury's up at Warren Heath, as the missus had her Megane 225 hit twice in two weeks, paint taken right down to the plastic on the front and rear bumpers.

Refuses to go to Sainbury's anymore and goes to Tesco's where the bays are bigger.

nah tesco's copdock mate! do you really expect me to be able to afford sainsburys and run an alfa!! :D :D :D
i used to use warren heath when i lived up in rushmere and i agree they are very small spaces which is wrong because warren heath is a better end of town where people tend to have bigger cars! oh hang on a min nacton is up there too! scrap that :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
I saw a classic the other day at my local shops. A young lad in a souped up little hot hatch - you know the type, 1.4 engine, 4 exhausts, full bodykit, chrome wheels the lot - he parked overlapping 2 spaces and went into the shop for his morning paper. When he came out there were 2 bangers parked about an inch from either side of his car. He couldn't physically get into his car until the owners of the other 2 cars had finished in the shop. Poor lad was only trying to keep his car looking nice but he really shouldn't have done it at the front of the car park, cos that really pi55es people off.

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
Della said:
I saw a classic the other day at my local shops. A young lad in a souped up little hot hatch - you know the type, 1.4 engine, 4 exhausts, full bodykit, chrome wheels the lot - he parked overlapping 2 spaces

That's just ASKING to get deliberately key'd. Best bet is to park in the furthest corner of the car park, or take the missus' car :D

Back in the summer I watched an old gimmer put a massive dent & scrape down the side of a beemer 330i whilst parking, the git got out and looked at the scrape, got back in his car and parked somewhere else :rant: I got his reg and left a note on the beemer's window with my contact details and, lo and behold, a month later a thank-you card and a £50 cheque in the post from the beemer's owner. I'm just hoping that if it happens to me there'll be somebody who'd do the same :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
We've just gone through all this after some "nice" person drove into our 147 near side wing badly creasing the panel and also damaging the front bumper. It was parked outside my sister in-laws house. There was a gang of kids stood nearby who didn't see anything, leaving us to get it sorted out through our insurance. £250.00 excess, lossing 2 years of 6 years no claims :mad:.

To add insult to injury, we had to drive around in a bottom of the range Toyota Yaris for 2 weeks while it was getting sorted :(.

We are picking up our new 156 sportwagon on Saturday.

I'm not looking forward to leaving it alone in any car park - perhaps the wife will let me sit in it on gaurd duty while she does the shopping, chores etc!

W

·
0 Posts
ACAPULCO AL said:
I got his reg and left a note on the beemer's window with my contact details
Good for you!! I've done exactly the same, even had a row with an academic type who thought the damage he had caused wasn't worth worrying about...wtf?????

Dunno about asking to be keyed though :D I occassionally park in two spaces...only when there's enough to do so though ;)

wrinx

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
phil155 said:
im now going to buy a babyseat for my car so i can get away with parking in the parent and child spaces :lol:
Don't bother with that, just park there anyway. Kids are a lifestyle choice, being disabled isn't. Why should people with kids get all the choice spaces?

·
Registered
114 Posts
phil155 said:
i agree!!!!
i just pictured your actions, i smiled and the word justice came to mind :) :lol:
ul m8.... do u wanna sell ya mirrors :cheese: joke m8.... its just typical ignorant's ... i do it all the time in the company van :rolleyes:

·
Registered
499 Posts
badgers_nadgers said:
Don't bother with that, just park there anyway. Kids are a lifestyle choice, being disabled isn't. Why should people with kids get all the choice spaces?
Because:

1. It's difficult to get a baby/toddler out of a car seat when you don't have space to open the door fully.

2. It's less distance to the store when you have a small child who just wants to run out in front of moving vehicles.

3 (and given the above, this may appeal more to you than the first two) little kids throw open the car door without worrying whether a car is parked in the next space. It's definitely to your benefit to give them a wide space - trust me, I've been on the receiving end...

21 - 30 of 30 Posts