Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to code a 159 to turn the lights on when unlocked? Would make it look much nicer and easier to see at night in car parks etc :)

·
Registered
618 Posts
It would be nice. It is a feature on quite a few other cars. But then they also close windows from the keyfob not just open them...

·
Registered
253 Posts
It does already exist....you pull the light switch forward and every pull is another 10secs I think....its in the manual anyway and I use mine all the while....

·
Registered
618 Posts
No that is for when you get out of the car and lock it, Alfa meant the lights coming on when you unlock the car as you approach it (I think).

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I thought you could do this too... just needs configuring, mines a Lusso so it may be different and the windows go up from the fob, use this quite often...

·
Registered
716 Posts
Regarding the mirrors folding on lock, only something that the Brera has due to a different control unit for the mirrors apparently. And it can't be retrofitted from a Brera to a 159 either :(

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
...... and to add to Smudge_Don's correct report, the "up window" command from the remote fob on 159s was disabled in UK spec from about 2008 onwards because of safety issues (and an inadequate fingertrap sensor). However I'm told that the windows setting can be over-ridden if you find a friendly dealer with the ability to do it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts