Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
In my quest to find the perfect (for me) used Giulia I've decided I need folding rear seats and heated seats as a minimum. I saw a super for sale at a main dealer which showed the heated seat buttons and a rear centre arm rest in the photos, but no info. on the actual spec, or photos of the boot. The description even said it had halogen headlamps when clearly it had the LED DRLs. Anyway I sent a query though just to double check whether it had the electric seats and folding rears as they were 300 miles away. They responded saying that the car I was enquiring about didn't have the folding seats or electric fronts. They also said that folding seats only came on giulias from late 2018. I don't pretend to know more about the cars than the main dealers, but I thought a centre rear arm rest indicated a ski hatch and therefore folding rear seats? I also assumed heated seats could only be ordered with electric ones. Is that not the case? Finally I'm sure you could get folding seats as an option prior to late 2018? Incidentally the car I was looking at disappeared from the website afterwards!

·
Registered
445 Posts
I thought non-Quadrifoglio Giulias came with folding seats from the outset but not on the Quadrifioglio, which didn't get them until something like the model year 2019 which would make it late 2018.

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
My Speciale has folding rear seats and is a 2017 build. If the controls for heated seats and steering wheel are on the dash, then the car has them. Not sure if a centre arm rest necessarily proves the existence of folding seats, probably doesn’t, but if there’s a view of the boot you may be able to see the levers to release the seats at the top left and top right corners.
62F7A488-24DC-4031-942A-761B4DB3C4D4.jpeg

·
Registered
479 Posts
I thought non-Quadrifoglio Giulias came with folding seats from the outset but not on the Quadrifioglio, which didn't get them until something like the model year 2019 which would make it late 2018.
I can certainly confirm that!
Only way to get into the boot on my 2017 QV is from the outside through the rear tail gate.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Only way to get into the boot on my 2017 QV is from the outside through the rear tail gate.
Likewise.
When my battery decided to imitate a pancake, I was very fortunate that I reverse the car into the garage and that I was able use the terminals in the engine compartment to get it going.
To my mind, the biggest failing of the early Quadrifoglio is the absence of a ski hatch. I might just be persuaded to buy a MY20 one solely for its skihatch.

Other models could have split rear seats from day one I believe, but I can't recall which, if any, had them as standard and which as options.

I thought halogen headlights and LCD DRLs was a common combination.

·
Registered
482 Posts
You need a Speciale or Veloce to get the heated leccy seats and folding rear bench, anything else from the first gen will be in the hands of the options gods (not sure about the Tecnica)

it’s one of the reasons why I got a Speciale

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm... All the cars for sale with the levers in the boot appear to have rear bench arm rests and those without don't hence my assumption. Likewise all of the cars advertised with heated seats appear to have electric seats so maybe had to be purchased as a "pack"? As for headlights there appear to be two options, projector lamps with xenon + LED DRL or halogen reflector lamps with standard bulb DRLs. .....I think . A giulia would replace my giulietta and as an Alfa addict I'm trying to justify it in terms of practicality instead of another hatchback from a different manufacturer.

Sent from my Nokia 6.2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You need a Speciale or Veloce to get the heated leccy seats and folding rear bench, anything else from the first gen will be in the hands of the options gods (not sure about the Tecnica)

it’s one of the reasons why I got a Speciale
Yeah, outside of my budget at the moment unfortunately.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Hmmm... All the cars for sale with the levers in the boot appear to have rear bench arm rests and those without don't hence my assumption. Likewise all of the cars advertised with heated seats appear to have electric seats so maybe had to be purchased as a "pack"? As for headlights there appear to be two options, projector lamps with xenon + LED DRL or halogen reflector lamps with standard bulb DRLs. .....I think . A giulia would replace my giulietta and as an Alfa addict I'm trying to justify it in terms of practicality instead of another hatchback from a different manufacturer.

There are 3 headlight options(Just to make it more complicated), halogen, 25w xenon and 35w xenon - latter are twirly and move when you corner. The foldy seats work well, I did see a Super with them when I was looking 6 weeks ago. Good Giulias are shifting quickly, the guy who sold me mine had sold 10 in less than 4 days up to Tuesday.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There are 3 headlight options(Just to make it more complicated), halogen, 25w xenon and 35w xenon - latter are twirly and move when you corner. The foldy seats work well, I did see a Super with them when I was looking 6 weeks ago. Good Giulias are shifting quickly, the guy who sold me mine had sold 10 in less than 4 days up to Tuesday.
Wow! That'll be why they're holding their values so well. I think the 2nd car market is doing well as a whole as less people commit to lengthy finance.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
I owned one of the earliest Super 2.0 Giulias and I had folding Rear seats. Electric seats were also an option on the part leather seats, if you had the lusso pack option it gave full leather electric seats and leather dash. I also was able to add HK audio, convenience pack, reverse camera, front parking sensors, 25w Bixenon lamps and a few other options. If there are 2 levers in the boot with the seat symbol, it means folding seats. If there are steering and seat heating buttons on the row below the climate control settings row, it means electric heated seats. Easiest would be to ask the dealer to send you photos of the boot and the side of the front seats should have the adjusters for electric seats.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Cheers. I think you've confirmed what I thought. Either way the car disappeared from their website straight after. Your original super sounds like a cracking spec. Can't be many of those about.

·
Registered
5,845 Posts
Electric adjustable heated seats and leather dash came with the Lusso pack, as MG said. The folding rear seats were a separate option at £150, so a Lusso pack would not mean folding rear seats. I have both these options on a 2017 car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts