Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My door mirrors would fold automatically when the key was removed and open automatically when the key was inserted. Since my recent service, the automatic function does not work. I can still use button "c" on the remote on the inside door panel to operate the mirrors.

I read the manual and tried every variation of "holding button 'c' down for two seconds until you hear a beep" to no avail. I tried it when closing the mirrors, when opening the mirrors, with the key in only, with the key in and the motor running, for two seconds up to ten seconds, but no beep. And no luck.

Any ideas, please? Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wait the mirrors do this automatically .. i hope that is not on my 2010 159, because I've had it 5 years and not known that if it does :(

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
368 Posts
I only found out by accident that mine does this too. I used to fold them using the internal button. I accidently pressed the open button twice, never thought anything until I locked the car, and hey presto, the mirrors automatically folded in. Mine is a 2008.

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
Only the Brera had this feature by default.

I think you had to reactivate (holding the fold button) with the key in/ignition on.

Or maybe it was with the key out.

One of the other.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have persisted with this automatic door mirror problem, trying every possible variable. I held down that button until my finger hurt, still no beep.

Today, I got in the car, inserted the key and the mirrors swung out into position. WTF?

I thought, "Everything is right with this car now!" Then, on the way home from Margate (lovely down there) I had to brake hard on the M2. The VDC warning light came on. It came on once before after a sharp braking. I'm sure that it will reset after a few starts.

I'm reminded of an old film title (I paraphrase): How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love My Alfa.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts