Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
I spoke too soon - it looks like it's only one tenth as fast. :(

Still, better than nothing.
Worth checking the PCIE slot type you put the older (slower?) card into.
FAH is PCI heavy.

"Even 2 fast GPUs push enough data through a 16x PCIe bus for it to approach continuous saturation"

It is better than nothing. But the work unit you're working on...no one can start the next one until you've finished yours (for this Project/Run/Clone combo). So hurry up!?

There are deadlines but you're safe

Let's fight the good fight!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Problem WU? The forums are helpful: Folding Forum • Index page

GPU? No way 8 days.

Sometimes doing "Ctrl C" and restarting FAHClient gets it working.

The FAH logs are really useful to trouble shoot.

As well as Project/Run/Clone/Gen. Not to me, but the admins that read msgs on the forums.

·
Registered
9,040 Posts
Yes, I'm running on Linux.

That WU expired long before completion, as I suspected it would. The new one is a normal two-dayer but I notice the expiration is now set at 8 days. Perhaps they forgot to up the expiration period when they first added the long WUs and then noticed the slower GPUs couldn't complete in time.

·
Registered
193 Posts
"I'm running on Linux" is the kinda thing an android would say ?

I followed various links from your FAH project (late night lock down boredom) and ended up at a UK science facility that takes the pictures of these protein things that FAH works on.

A short vid showing some impressive engineering, impressive software and impressive science. If you'e ever used FAH Viewer and wondered "how do they know what it looks like" there's the answer.

Diamond geezers and gals.

·
Registered
26,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Wow - great link!
Happy to see you're bored - please keep up the good work :)

21 - 31 of 31 Posts