Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in the process of installing some fog lights on my S2 33.
It has the button installed inside.

Do these lights have a separate relay?

I see 2 free relay slots on the main relay board with the 4 connections installed already.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Hi Brit
There is a Foglight Relay (I17) shown on the 1.7 engined Sprints - from 1985 wiring diagram, so I think that there would be one on a 33 as well.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
30 amp 4 pin should be quite sufficient I think.

2 x 55w halogen lamps. About 9 amps according to my calculation.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
If you have a spares car, grab a switch for position 3 and a relay for position E, and the factory foglight plugs will become usable.:thumbs:
Beware that if you hang high-powered driving lights off them, a pin in a wiring loom junction plug near the brake booster will burn out and you'll have to bypass it.:p

Attachments

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Isn't #2 the foglight switch?
Which relay slot does this go to?

I have the 2 same free slots on my board.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I think the switches are: 1 = demister, 2 = rear foglights, and 3 = front foglights. I could have 2 and 3 round the wrong way (or maybe I deliberately swapped them years ago) but I can't be bothered to go find my owners manual. :p
I'm not sure which (if any) of the relays is for the rear foglights, but why does that help you? If you were prepared to lose your rear foglights, I guess you could swap the plugs between switches 2 and 3 and pinch a relay from somewhere to put in the 'E' position to get your front foglights going..

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
got a couple of new relays :)

I think I will use the de-mister button and swap that to the blank and use E on the relay board as you pointed out.

(De-mister is totally knackered so it has no use!)

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After 2 hours fiddling with the wires and switches I finally found a relay position that worked for the front fog lights I installed.

Slot next to E. Possibly the de-mister switch. So I settled with that until I get a front fog light button.
Anyone??

The blank switch on the right(#3) had no live connections. Found some yellow wires from that totally melted next to the fuse box!! Was a right mess.

Also I tried the rear fog lights switch - nothing. Which relay slot is this?

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know my previous mechanic did some cowboy wiring to enable the main headlights to come on when the engine is running (by law-headlights on all the time).

It's quite a riddle there.
But now I can switch the front fog lights on or off regardless of the main headlights.:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts