Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone help im looking to change a bulb on the 147 front fog light and aint got a clue where to start can anyone help.... :confused:

L

·
0 Posts
if its original the foglight is part of the head light. If face lift they are small round lights built into the bumper. Access from behind the unit.

·
Registered
30,081 Posts
To try and save the OP from Lacken's duf info!

The original 147 has a separate front indicator, that is JUST an indicator, nothing else.
The headlight unit contains: Main beam (H7), Dip beam (H7), Fog light (H1), Side light (H6W).

L

·
0 Posts
David, Sorry I got it wrong about the side light. I was right about the foglight location :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry lads im a knob head....... lower indicator driver side needs replacing not fog light ..... as pointed out by a nice police lady last night...... :eek:

·
Registered
30,081 Posts
sorry lads im a knob head....... lower indicator driver side needs replacing not fog light ..... as pointed out by a nice police lady last night...... :eek:
Looks like a std PY21W

(a normal orange indicator bulb)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how do i change it ... get the cover off...... might not be so lucky next time ... police lady was very nice and pritty... knowing my luck next time it will be a big bloke with rubber gloves...lol

·
Registered
30,081 Posts
I don't have a normal handbook for an original 147 (you may have) but it will say in there.

It is done from behind.
eLearn says to remove the undertray and access it from there.
Normal twist & remove bulb holder.

·
Registered
245 Posts
To try and save the OP from Lacken's duf info!

The original 147 has a separate front indicator, that is JUST an indicator, nothing else.
The headlight unit contains: Main beam (H7), Dip beam (H7), Fog light (H1), Side light (H6W).
how sure are you on this...?

my car has been through 2 mot's since i bought it, and neith3er has mentioned foglights frint's... yet the light on centre console lights, but tere is no, nil nada 0, change in the light output on the front, main or high beam.... hae both bulbs blown and not been noticed, or does my model of 147 ( 2003/my52 2.0l, lusso + winter pack) not hae them fitted...?

·
Registered
30,081 Posts
how sure are you on this...?

my car has been through 2 mot's since i bought it, and neith3er has mentioned foglights frint's... yet the light on centre console lights, but tere is no, nil nada 0, change in the light output on the front, main or high beam.... hae both bulbs blown and not been noticed, or does my model of 147 ( 2003/my52 2.0l, lusso + winter pack) not hae them fitted...?
You do have front fog lights, but front fog lights are not currently part of the UK MOT.

Have you checked the bulbs yourself?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts