Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys so 2 days of ownership and Im completely smitten, so much so that after a night on the booze I woke up in her :rolleyes:

Anyway, on my drive back from the garage in London the pouring caused need for the fogs to be used. Which Im kinda glad of now. With the dipped beams on I pressed both front and rear buttons, getting a light on the dash when the rear was pressed but none for the fronts.

On further investigation over the weekend, it seems the front fog lamps dont seem to be working

Has anyone else had a similar issue, or have a I missed something obvious? Just want to make sure before I give the garage a call and get it booked in for repair

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
OK guys so 2 days of ownership and Im completely smitten, so much so that after a night on the booze I woke up in her :rolleyes:
Careful there fella, technically you were "in charge of the vehicle" whilst sauced up ... technically illegal :wow: (unless of course you were on your private drive :thumbs: ...) ...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I know! I have no idea why I was in it, it was parked right outside my flat!, key wasnt in the ignition though

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Yeah I know! I have no idea why I was in it, it was parked right outside my flat!, key wasnt in the ignition though
:eek::eek::lol: ... doesn't matter though :eek: ... I think you can get away with it if you're sitting in the back seat (not that you could sleep in the back of a brera :lol:) and the keys are not physically with you ...

Good luck with your fog lights though ... :thumbs:

U

·
0 Posts
Ignoring the moral and legal issues of being potentially "drunk in charge", have you checked the fuses? :tut:

Front fogs are on a separate fuse from rear fog light - it is Fuse number F30 / 15 amp and is located within the fuse box mounted near the battery. Illustrated on page 212 of the 2008 instruction manual.

Whilst we are at it - it is not considered acceptable to use fog lights in conditions of rain - under current legislation front fog lamps are for use "only in conditions of fog or falling snow"

I will stop finger wagging now - hope you sort the lamps :)

(Oops just noted you are a Brera man - instructions above are for 159 - yours may vary slightly)

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Whilst we are at it - it is not considered acceptable to use fog lights in conditions of rain - under current legislation front fog lamps are for use "only to look :cool:"
I agree completely :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I once had a Peugeot which was set up so it wasn't possible to have the headlights and the front foglights on at the same time. Is it possible certain model year Breras etc. are like this?

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
I once had a Peugeot which was set up so it wasn't possible to have the headlights and the front foglights on at the same time. Is it possible certain model year Breras etc. are like this?
Here's an excerpt from the manual ..

Brera Owners Guide said:
To turn front fog lights on, press button
A; to activate these lights it is necessary
to have the side/taillights switched on.
The instrument panel warning light 5
will turn on. Press the button again or turn
side/taillights off to turn the lights off.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ignoring the moral and legal issues of being potentially "drunk in charge", have you checked the fuses? :tut:

Front fogs are on a separate fuse from rear fog light - it is Fuse number F30 / 15 amp and is located within the fuse box mounted near the battery. Illustrated on page 212 of the 2008 instruction manual.

Whilst we are at it - it is not considered acceptable to use fog lights in conditions of rain - under current legislation front fog lamps are for use "only in conditions of fog or falling snow"

I will stop finger wagging now - hope you sort the lamps :)

(Oops just noted you are a Brera man - instructions above are for 159 - yours may vary slightly)
Good call never thought about the fuse, doh!

The rain was that bad it was like fog (cause of spray), so think it was quite justified. The guy in the 4x4 in front didnt have his lights on at all and I kept loosing him as it was a golden colour

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:eek::eek::lol: ... doesn't matter though :eek: ... I think you can get away with it if you're sitting in the back seat (not that you could sleep in the back of a brera :lol:) and the keys are not physically with you ...

Good luck with your fog lights though ... :thumbs:
Bizarely I was lying between the front and the back, woke up feeling like my head was stuck on sideways with cramp!

U

·
0 Posts
Bizarely I was lying between the front and the back, woke up feeling like my head was stuck on sideways with cramp!
LOL - dare we ask what liquid caused this problem? (So that we can avoid it, naturally :lol:)

U

·
0 Posts
You need to have at least the sidelights on before the fogs will work - but I'm assuming that you did that anyway?

If you've tried that and failed then I guess its the usual diagnostics - check earthing, check switch, check that you haven't just been unlucky and had both bulbs blow etc etc ........... in other words ask the dealer or an auto electrician. I don't believe there are any known problems with fog lamps other than them being a sod to remove from the front panel. I once got one out really easily though on my 156 - pheasant at about 90 mph (it only equates to 68mph officer), took the lamp out and half the front spoiler - cost 650 quid on a car that was 5 weeks old! :rolleyes:

Good luck with it - may be annoying but at least its fixable

1 - 15 of 15 Posts