Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this normal? I have not had the fog lights on recently,so it seems to be a electronic hitch somewhere. :rant:
Anyone else had this? Is there a cure?

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
My last GTA did this, and my current one does it sometimes, but rarely. On my last one they changed all the instruments, including the mileage. It cured it but I personally wouldnt bother. It must be some sort of weakness somewhere in the system!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it's a 04 156. No Irn-bru drinker must just be dash polish! ;)

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
My 03 GTA used to sometimes put the rear fogs on when I started her up... Very odd... good to see it wasnt just me! :)

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Does the fog lamp indicator lamp illuminate also?

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
you know what, i think my 147 does this. Whenever it is ludicrisly cold outside.

mainbeam is normally pretty good but amazing when the front fogs are on too (though the lights dip almost off for a split second when i put main beam on). these past few nights then main beams seem exaclty like when i have the fogs on.

I wonder if it has something to do with the "snowflake"?

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Does the fog lamp indicator lamp illuminate also?
Yes. I found the speed which you turn your lights on sometimes makes a difference. If you turn in one go from off to dipped there is more chance of this happening than when you "pause" on side lights for a second or two. Try it!

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Yes. I found the speed which you turn your lights on sometimes makes a difference. If you turn in one go from off to dipped there is more chance of this happening than when you "pause" on side lights for a second or two. Try it!
Rev counters chuffed then.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
It's a problem that stems from the rev counter (seriously):eek:

Did it on both of our 156's, usually when it was cold:(

·
Registered
126 Posts
My 04 156 has always done this too, not all the time, so never bothered worrying about it.

Usually I notice it, occasionally I miss it and get flashed.

Interesting comment about the fast switch movement, I'll have a go tomorrow.

hasmac.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts