Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My NS foglamp (which I use too much) has blown, are the bulbs easy to replace? It's a Corrello on a 97R. Is it destination Halfords for the part? I've made no kind of investigation of the foglamp yet so forgive me if it's an obvious one! :rolleyes:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a sealed unit that costs si.....!!!

Dont know about the bulbs but be careful taking the lamp out. There are four holes and only two of them hold it in place. One is a dummy, two diagonally opposed screws hold it in and the fourth alters the beam.

You have to remove it to get at the bulbs I think.

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice and easy buddy,

bulbs are sitting on Halford's shelf saying 'use me, use me'

It was one of the first things i replaced on my 155 as they had those orange bulbs in there before, which i hate :(
So i replaced them, with the Halford's mega brilliant blue ones, nice bulbs.
The headlamp bulbs soon followed as one died.... more mega brilliant blue bulbs. luvverly

The fog light just unscrews nice and easy. As stated, watch out you're not unscrewing the wrong screw as one of them is the alignment one (the 'outsite' of the top ones i think.
I spent approx 4mins unscrewing thinkin' damn this is a long screw' before realising my error (DOH :D )
It was easily fixed with me adjusting then moving up and down in front of the car like a spacker in Halford's car park till both light's blinded me at exactly the same height.... scientific huh?

hope this helps....

J

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
That is interesting as I thought they were a sealed unit. I had a broken glass and could not get a replacement piece nor would Alfa say glass could be replaced. I since found that a bit of silicon glue and a friendly windscreen center solved the problem for a few quid.

Just a passing comment but if anyone ever gets stung for a new headlight because of broken glass then dont accept this as you can buy the glass seperately, you just have to know the right code as it doesn`t appear on the part CD.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The glass is bonded on. I recently tried to remove the plastic surround without luck as it was stuck fast. Think you can get to the bulbs from the back.

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wrinx

I suspect that your glass was bonded on by a sticky gasket.

The glass does appear on the parts CD- but you have to look for it. Heres how: get the headlight screen up, then press the text only button. One line will refer to the headlight complete unit, at the right hand end of this line will be another number, this is the subgroup number, click on it. At the bottom of the screen are two red arrows a bit like a tape deck, click on the right hand one. Now click the text & graphics button and you should now have the headlight in its component parts. PS this also applies to other parts such as brake calipers, the infamous wipers (although don't get too excited- the linkages are only about £5 cheaper without the motor!) and the steering box.

Having been through changing the lens- you can do it without even removing the headlight although it is fiddly. The lens is held on with spring clips and you have to remove some bits of the grill (easy), a new gasket and clips are supplied- just be careful not to disturb the height mechanism- it looks pretty fragile. Watch the clips too, they have a habit of pinging off into the unknown- hopefully not the alternator!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First job is Get a torch.
You can then see which holes have the screws(posidrive/Philips) and also locate the screwdriver on them.
Once removed, the rear cover twists off the back of the foglight to get at the bulb. Its a 2 min job once you've done it once. :)

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Simon

the glass on mine is held on with a black sealant that has set hard. Trouble is its bonded to the plastic surround too!! After your post I suspect the previous owner must have had a problem with water ingress!

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Many thanks indeed my esteemed Alfa brethren, I shall sort it at the weekend! Perhaps an entirely new complement of front end bulbs is in order to keep things uniform.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oops! Apologies- regarding my earlier glass replacement post, for some reason I thought we were talking about the main headlight, not the foglight! Doh!

Simon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes Jase, blue it is! They look awesome! Just out of interest my Carellos were fitted with bulb no. 453, not the 448s listed in the Halfords quick reference guide. Laser blue does look good, I think I'll sort the headlights with a pair of these too! :D

·
Registered
550 Posts
I BOUGHT THE PHILIPS LAMPS WHERE HENRY SAYS AND I CAN TELL YOU THAT ARE EXCELLENT AND GOOD PEOPLE ALSO AT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE.
CHEERS
JORGE wink

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My side light went at the weekend, how do you get these things out, I twisted and pulled but couldn't seem to free it. Out of interest are there any good side light replacements to try?
:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Ian

As far as I remember they just pull out but can be very difficult to shift!! I just put Halfords bulbs in so cant help you with that one.

wrinx

1 - 19 of 19 Posts