Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rear fog light button wont click on after having it on this morning , is this just a new feature to save the car battery that my car has decided as a good idea ?????

Not that i need it at the moment but is this a common problem and will i need to get a man to rub his chin , take my car to bits and say "Ahhhhh Alfas there expensive you know to fix "

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
Hi Dansolo, i have this problem too! it is a bit intermittent, i.e, i have to tap it a few times to get it to work. i think it might just be dodgy contacts on the button, but i am a bit short on time to take out the centre console. i am getting hold of a copy of the workshop manual soon, so i will have a look to see if there are potentially any relays etc involved that might be playing up. if it is the button, i think Ned at Autolusso should probably have a few laying around. will let you know if i find anything.

·
Administrator
46,877 Posts
It's not because there's an interlock and it won't work without main lights on, or similar,is it?

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
i don't know about the OP bazza, but mine wouldn't work when the fronts would, so i would assume not? but then i should have learnt better than to assume when it comes to my car :lol:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
You have to have the dipped beams on to use rear fog lights, for front fog lights u can have just the side lights on to activate them.

I had same problem on mine, the contacts on the back of the fog light switch looked quite oxidised so a bit of contact cleaner and a wipe everything was working again.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
that's what i was thinking it would be. i take it that you remove the silver part of the centre console to get to it?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Yep you have to take silver centre console part out. So basically gear lever gator remove, remove stereo, two allen key bolts at the bottom of the console and remove the heater control knobs, then a gentle tug :)

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi,thanks for all the info,now have found That when I turn the ignition when the lights were the rear frogs stay on and the button won't depress but if I turn the lights off then back on they go off , think I will stick with this method of turning them off as I know if I start taking the console apart I am more than likely to brake a clip or something and start crying to my self, good luck with the repair at weekend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts