Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi has anyone on here got a mp3 FM transmitter for your car and are they any good ?
Got lots of music on mp3 but no way of playing them in the car ( 147 2004 ) so are they any good or is there some way of doing it ?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Hi has anyone on here got a mp3 FM transmitter for your car and are they any good ?
Got lots of music on mp3 but no way of playing them in the car ( 147 2004 ) so are they any good or is there some way of doing it ?
I had one, loads of interference and poor sound quality. It's somewhere along the side of the A512 now if you want it!...lol

I just burn CD's now...

·
Registered
4,094 Posts

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Regarding fm transmitters, I have a Jabra bluetooth with built in fm transmitter in my work van and it is brilliant, only on very rare occasions does it get overpowered by a proper radio station, and then only takes a second to retune.
Bluetooth In-Car Speakerphone, Jabra CRUISER
Not the cheapest and a proper headunit would probably be neater solution but it's an option.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
I'd avoid the FM transmitters and just go for something like a connects2 that plugs in the back of the standard head unit. Far simpler and CD quality sound. Not expensive and easy to fit.

Or if you got loads a cash a Denison kit.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I used an MP3 transmitter for years in several different cars, and never once had any problem with interference - I set it to transmit on the lowest FM frequency. I was sceptical before I bought it, so I bought the cheapest I could find on E-Bay. Would still be using it now if I hadn't got an Aux In on the stereo in the 156. For £15 or so, I would say to give it a go.

·
Registered
9,178 Posts
I've got an FM transmitter and a cassette adapter!! Yes, I've still got the original radio as it has a 6 stack cd player in the boot.

the cassette adaptor is my preference as it doesn't need a second power source but rattles when it gets very warm.

the FM transmitter is OK but suffers when you start to pick up a proper radio station on the same frequency. Mine has 6 preset frequencies so I've got one of the FM channels matched on the 6 radio pre-sets so I can flick up and down to find the best. I wish the transmitter would take precendence .. I'd set it up on Radio 1 to avoid picking up the [email protected] they play! :)

·
Registered
930 Posts
I use the Belkin Blue Tooth Solution - I had it hard wired into the car so that I could hide all the cables. So basically its been wired into the car battery via a wire taken form the cig lighter. Its an FM transmitter but it works like a charm - perfect sound and its running through an Alpine amp and Pioneer speakers.

On the rare occasion I do get static, it has an auto tune function, just press one button and it will find a clear frequency. Easy.

It's also a very good BT Phone car kit, the microphone picks up your voice very well and the callers voice is placed through the car speakers - seamless.

Here's a link to the product page

One of its advantages, and the reason i had it hardwired into the car is that it charges your phone too.. a must if you use GPS software on the phone which flattens the phone battery in seconds.

Here's a pic of the controller...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26761740/Alfa/DSCF0213 (640x480).jpg

and because its wired into the car, the phone sits nicely and neatly -

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26761740/Alfa/DSCF0212 (640x480).jpg

I'm about to buy a GTA and I think next time I will get a dedicated BT system to plug into the back of the OEM headunit.. more expensive... the Belkin was a good inexpensive compromise.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts