Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can bob0962, jimybob or someone else tell me what is the flywheel sensor, where is it and maybe the spare number ?

thanks in advance
cheers
Jorge :confused:

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Hi Jorge,
the flywheel sensor measures RPM and engine timing. If it is not working then the ecu does not know where the engine is in its cycle and the ignition will probably not work at all. Im not sure if the engine would even run although JB may have tried this out!
Its is located on the block near the flywheel end of course. The manual says to remove the first section of the exaust to get to it so I guess it is under there. The picture shows ot quite low down, near the bottom of the block - only to be expected I suppose!
Part number is 46411135, seems to be the same for most cars but I`ve forgotten your car type - sorry!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Chris, thanks for your answer, but I still confuse the rpm sensor and the timing variator sensor. :confused:
My car is 2.0 16 valvs. Sport 1997

Thanks very much
Regards
Jorge

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chris, i forget to tell you that this sensor figures in the CD like "contactor", but in the same diagram are other 2 "contactors" number:
60811201 and 60810791 ?
What are they ?

Regards :confused:

J

·
0 Posts
ok jorge here goes..you need 46411135. the other ones are 60811201 which is the sensor for the camshaft.and 60810791 is the knock sensor.

the rpm sensor if faulty can cause the car to cut out and refuse to start for half an hour and then starts without any trouble.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks very much Chris and Jimybob, now all is clear like water!
wink
Regards
Jorge

1 - 6 of 6 Posts