Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2.0 JTS Veloce and recently had the starter motor changed, I come out the other day and it would not start to called the recovery people, the bloke came out and got it started by rocking the car back and forth, then said the teeth on the flywheel have gone.

Anyone know roughly how much it will cost to get the flywheel changed, i've searched online and can't seem to find a price for the flywheel only clutch sets at around £150, but i'm guessin the labor costs would be high.

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
I own a 2.0 JTS Veloce and recently had the starter motor changed, I come out the other day and it would not start to called the recovery people, the bloke came out and got it started by rocking the car back and forth, then said the teeth on the flywheel have gone.

Anyone know roughly how much it will cost to get the flywheel changed, i've searched online and can't seem to find a price for the flywheel only clutch sets at around £150, but i'm guessin the labor costs would be high.

Cheers

Dave
get a flywheel from a scrapped 2.0 ts (with spun bearings or rod thrown out of the block)

The labour costs would be fairly high but if you contact AdorAlfa I'm sure he could make you a very competitive price... he loves to work on the JTS engine...

AforAlfa :: Home

I'm sure it'll be worth yout while to travel to Aylesbury

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Did they fit a new starter or a 2nd hand one?? If latter, the teeth on that could be worn which would produce same results ...

M

·
0 Posts
Yep. AforAlfa does love working on the JTS engine. Lots of people hate it, but not him. I would go to him with my JTS if I lived closer.....and owned a JTS :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts