Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After fixing the fuel pump last night I noticed fluid on the drivers mat, slightly oily so not water or coolant I don't think. Thought it might be related to 'sticky clutch pedal'
e.g. leaking clutch master but that seems dry..

Sticking clutch 'might' have been caused by the corrosive antifreeze cocktail I seem to have produces dripping from the thermostat housing (new one now fited) onto the actuator arm on top of gearbox bell-housing? All a bit comedic:rotate: to be honest but any thoughts about the fluid?

Also I could find a clutch fluid reservoir to check level - is it shared with the brake one?

Cheers

J

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Your description is classic failed clutch master cylinder. Fluid usually dribbles down the actuating rod to the pedal then onto the floor. Brake and clutch fluid are in the same reservoir.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Your description is classic failed clutch master cylinder. Fluid usually dribbles down the actuating rod to the pedal then onto the floor. Brake and clutch fluid are in the same reservoir.

+1

Don't attempt this yourself, it's a HORRIBLE job.

I will tackle most things on these cars but I draw the line at this one, unless I am doing an engine swap, I think then I might consider doing it ''just in case'' if engine was out and it hadn't been done.

get it to a specalist and and over the money ...!!!:wobble::wobble::wobble:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Really? The m/c is in plain sight so I didn't figure it could be 'that' bad..

EDIT: OK I've now read some of your experiences - bugger. But we have a four post lift. If I can get my bro's race mini off it do I stand a chance?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts