Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Been trying to track this problem down for a while now, there's some sort of fluid dripping from my DC - I don't think it's oil as it "appears" to be clear, but it is oily/greasey to the touch. Anyway after a long drive waiting up a traffic light I noticed a bit what looked like steam coming out of the bonnet, hardly any - I think I only noticed because it was cold.

Opened up the bonnet and there was definitely some fluid down at the bottom and some steam, take a look at this video https://goo.gl/photos/Ux98wfV4Kvpuk9db8

What do you think? Is it a leak from the radiator?

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
It could well be, but equally it could be from a hose, from the EGR heat exchanger tube or thermostat, all of which are in that area. You're going to need to take a much closer look at all those bits, with the engine cold and not running. Easier with the battery out. Look for drips forming.

Keep a very close eye on your coolant level, and don't let it drop else you could end up blowing the head gasket, which is a major job.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just an update on this in case anyone else has this issue - turns out it was a leaking injector that was dripping diesel down onto the radiator hose and evaporating when it hit some heat. Was a simple fix of rehousing the injector, new washer and seems to have resolved it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts