Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once again I've been trying to transport 2 drinks from KFC to home (Black Coffee and Diet Coke) the cup holder provided by KFC which was placed at an angle in the passenger footwell decided to release the cups when stopping at a junction.

I thought I was being clever by not using the centre console holder for the coffee :-(

This is my favourite bug bear with my 159, I know Italians drink more Espresso than Americano so the tiny centre console cup holder it probably too big for them, But I drink a lot of coffee and when out and about with the Mrs we often need space for a wineglass (for her) and a coffee cup for me.

the lift up lid cubby hole is no good as that's generally full of sweets and pens so no space for the intended 330ml can of chilled Coke.

What do other people do? I've seen some drink holders on eBay but dot want to splash out £4 on a piece of crap that goes straight in the bin (when it finally arrives from China, I have more than enough of that already :) )

Axe

·
Vendor
46,131 Posts
One in the centre console, one between the thighs.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Fully recognize the disturbing thing of this. Ocassionally wrestling with the same, usually while driving with the whole family together. And they, my wife and daugther, sometimes think I do overreact when warning them a 1,000 times to hold their drinks rather than putting it aside in some tricky position…

Luckily you had diet Coke without sugar. And when you've a taste for fine coffee; I think there shouldn't be added any sugar (or milk) as well. That's why I personally have a preference for espresso's (doubles at minimum, as the usual Italian sized contents indeed doesn't make sense). So only for that I'm being lucky in this case :angel:

Will be interesting to see though if someone actually has found a plug-and-play solution?

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
Sounds like the Mrs likes her vino!

Screw-top plastic bottles for me on the very rare occasions I need drinks in the car, and they're put in the pocket on the backs of the front seats - a nice snug fit, no movement at all.

Never used the refrigerated compartment beneath the armrest for its intended use. Sunglasses, USB sticks and loose change for parking live there, more recently joined with tools for manually opening the soft top...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts