Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read a few things on here bout flowing the inlet manifold or making it wider how do u do this as i cant find a thread for this and what tools do u use i got a rough idea just wanna make sure, and do u do the bit before the rubber pipe or after or both thanks

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
You will gain no benifits unless you are port and polishing the cylinder head and then get the car re-mapped to suit. You cant really port the pelenium chamber, that is the part before the rubbers. If you do the part after the rubbers, this is the inlet manifold, you wont see any gains as said before.

If you did acutally port and polish the head, do what i did and pay a proffesional to gas flow it if you can afford to do so, will cost around £350 - 450 for a good job, but then you have the costs of taking the head off, refitting and with a new cam belt.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i am gettin a remap any way cause of the other mods but some body on here said doing just the inlet manifold made a difference but this was on a 1.6

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Hhmm, i say just get the head port and polished. You can get it done for £250 if you take thm the head! They do a good job too. . ..the people that built my engine that is, RAT Development.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts