Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After many weeks my 156 floor pan has finally been replaced under the 8 year anti corrosion warranty. the good people at Wilsons in Chadwell Heath Managed to put it through for me after AMC in Chelmsford FAILED to do so with no explanation , anyway here are some of the pictures of what was done . ENJOY:thumbs:

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
Gah!

Forgot about the warranty...

The other weekend I was under the car getting mucky. Was pretty shocked at the state of it. I joked to whoever was near that I'd bought an Alfasud...

Scrubbed it back best I could - and pulled away some of the floor so it will need plating next month at ticket time. Painted it with convertor and shutzed over.

It's a late-2002 2.4 JTD wagon

I suppose it's too late now to pop down to Alfa?

J

·
0 Posts
there have been a few cases of this now, so i have been looking at the underside of my 2001 SW, fortunately the floor looks to be ok, but not one to take chances the whole of the floor has been undersealed.....

it is a bot shocking when a 7 years old car does that, i thought car makers had progressed past this and were making cars that had longevity built in

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hope all the work will last at least another 7 years by then the car will be 14 years old and i can give it to my sun with all the rust if any included:lol: As soon as i can get the pics of under the car i will post them on this site.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:eek:its annoying that cars these days should rust to this degree . I think they should force all manufacturers to make cars out of aluminium so we can get rid of all this rust s**t. But then again what would we talk about on the forum.:rant:

·
Registered
37,369 Posts
My 164 was 13 years old when I sold it and had no rust at all except on the rear subframe.

The underseal had come off in some area's and although water was underneath it hadn't caused rust.

Either Alfa have cheapened up their rust protection after then or they are using cheap steel.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts