Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
0 Posts
Is it salvage-able within its value tho?

Notice the radio has been nicked!!

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
Given that is probably needs a new engine, £11500 is well OTT

I don't understand where it says "Non Recorded and unlikely to be as not subject to an insurance claim", surely it was subject to an insurance claim and written off...?

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
dont tell oldboy :(

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Not only is the price ridiculous, it was subject of an insurance claim, but the seller is acting as a private individual not a trader. I suspect it has been fiddled round the write-off rules. If it was cash in lieu of repairs, it is not normally classified.

·
Registered
174 Posts
very odd

this was at universal salvage about 4 weeks ago and listed as total loss cat 1

when asked if it was for sale they said no will be broken, pity as i have a front end only done 6K kms

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
This is where Insurance Companies display a total lack of sense. If someone buys this, then finds out what it costs to repair, the next thing you know it will be stolen and burnt out, so they pay out again.

·
Registered
245 Posts
dont tell oldboy :(
Tooooooooooooooooo late!! I have asked the seller to revise their description as it was certainly subject to a total write off. Its not only a new engine, but new electrics, ecu's, brake servo, oil cooler, cats......... the list goes on and on.

thanks for pointing this out guys.

Rob

·
Registered
447 Posts
well if its suffered from flood damage its unlikely just the engine was affected and why wouldnt somone claim on the insurence for a 2005 car with only 18k miles on the clock.ive seen cars at the dealers that are only abiout £3-4k more than this for a minter so at £11.5k this is way overpriced unless all it needed was an engine rebuild and the person buying it could do it themselves.the advert is way too brief imo

·
Registered
245 Posts
I can assure you it was a right off and the insurance paid out. It does need a considerable amount of work to put right. The initial quote from the dealer was just under £9k, the engine was only £2.9k and more surprisingly the bill for labour was less than £900.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Oldboy, was thinking the same thing when I saw it. They're hardly common engines and its seems somewhat of a co-incidence. If it was the case, surely the theives wouldn't be stupid enough to so that...?

·
Registered
120 Posts
was this the 147 that hit a rather large 'puddle' down some 'B' road down south??, and what was the outcome for the owner the GTA??

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
He's got a BMW 330ci now instead ;)

·
Registered
245 Posts
And a 147 2.0 TS (well the wifes actually). I also found out that my 330 has a selespeed gearbox, so its still related to an Alfa. Its called SSG rather than SMG and was available on clubsport models of the 330 coupe.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts