Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
33,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How come they can find their way in through the smallest crack but they can't find their way out when all the windows are wide open? :mad:

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,308 Posts
Been plagued by flies and wasps this year. :mad:

We were thinking of a group buy of Electric Swatters in the Lincs Lounge but never got this idea sparked up !

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
use fly spray when their going past and watch em crash land to the floor, its quite funny:lol:

then squish them and put them out of their misery:thumbs:

(or watch them have panic attacks on the floor) whatever tickles your fancy:lol:

·
Super Moderator
44,732 Posts
I've had two nasty reactions to some sort of fly bites this summer. One on my wrist with a red patch gradually expanding up towards my elbow, and one on my knee where the inside of my knee swelled up to about double the size of the other. :eek:
Hope I haven't developed an allergy or something.

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
How come they can find their way in through the smallest crack but they can't find their way out when all the windows are wide open? :mad:
They're after your avatar.

V

·
0 Posts
flies are annoying but not as bad as wasps

f3ckers are everywhere at work, i keep killing em and they keep coming, except for yesterday when a great bloody massive hornet flew in the window :eek: downed tools and made a sharp exit

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
flies are annoying but not as bad as wasps

f3ckers are everywhere at work, i keep killing em and they keep coming, except for yesterday when a great bloody massive hornet flew in the window :eek: downed tools and made a sharp exit
hornets may be bigger than wasps, but they are not as nasty, rather than sting you for the fun of it (ala wasp) they would rather fly away.

still big, scary, evil, loud beasts though.

thank your lucky stars that the asian giant hornet, thats made its way to france, hasnt foud it was here yet. that bugger has a 2inch wing span and a 1/4 inch sting:eek::wow:

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
What purpose to bloody wasps have :confused::mad:

They are just on this Earth to annoy!
yep, although the do pollonate flowers like bees, just not to the same extent:thumbs:

V

·
0 Posts
hornets may be bigger than wasps, but they are not as nasty, rather than sting you for the fun of it (ala wasp) they would rather fly away.

still big, scary, evil, loud beasts though.

thank your lucky stars that the asian giant hornet, thats made its way to france, hasnt foud it was here yet. that bugger has a 2inch wing span and a 1/4 inch sting:eek::wow:
i may have to claim it was one of those, no word of a lie it was about 3 inches long probably had a about a 2 inch wing span and its body was huge (about the size of a little finger) and a massive sharp bit on the end of it, wasnt fast though just seemed to float about through the air, still browned my pants when i heard it turned round and it was about 3 feet from my head and coming towards me :eek:

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
i may have to claim it was one of those, no word of a lie it was about 3 inches long probably had a about a 2 inch wing span and its body was huge (about the size of a little finger) and a massive sharp bit on the end of it, wasnt fast though just seemed to float about through the air, still browned my pants when i heard it turned round and it was about 3 feet from my head and coming towards me :eek:
yeah they are loud:lol:

like a low drone

Asian giant hornet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

vid

YouTube - Giant Hornet in Norfolk, UK

this is how docile they are

Attachments

·
Premium Member
42,812 Posts
Damn... they're huge :lol: ... get ya tazars ready :D

·
Registered
943 Posts
I'm with you. Was working on an outbuilding at a school a couple of years back when a hornet came out of the bushes a few feet away from me.
I didn't hang around either. :lol::lol:
Jeez, they're big scary beggers.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
I'm with you. Was working on an outbuilding at a school a couple of years back when a hornet came out of the bushes a few feet away from me.
I didn't hang around either. :lol::lol:
Jeez, they're big scary beggers.
ya know the queen euro giant hornet is the same size as the worker asian giant hornet.

queen asian giant hornets have been known to be 3 inches long:eek::wow:

wouldnt want to upset that bugger:wow:

·
Registered
37,507 Posts
About three years ago had a wasp nest at the back of the toilet - didn't realise until I had blocked a hole in the outside wall, leaving them only one way out - into the bathroom. Talk about carnage! You don't want to hear the buzz of a wasp at 3am when you are sitting on the loo! :eek:

On Sunday I discovered one under the front room window - think I'll leave it alone :tut:

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
About three years ago had a wasp nest at the back of the toilet - didn't realise until I had blocked a hole in the outside wall, leaving them only one way out - into the bathroom. Talk about carnage! You don't want to hear the buzz of a wasp at 3am when you are sitting on the loo! :eek:

On Sunday I discovered one under the front room window - think I'll leave it alone :tut:
just got rid of one in my shed. they decided, in a box in a cuddly toy, would be a great place for a nest:mad:

got it exterminated, and moved it yesterday, millions of the friggin things lying around, an loads in the nest.

gota say though, the inside of the nest is very neat:lol:

S

·
0 Posts
Hate flies. Dirty wee gits. Thought of them makes me queasy.

I also hate the smell of Flyspray.

Hate the daddy longlegs as well. It wouldn't be so bad if they kept in one place like Spiders tend to, but they keep insisting on moving about, flying towards you.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts