Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've all seen those rather cunning key fobs where the key is on a hingey spring and can retract in to the body of the fob so that you don't ruin the pockets of your trousers (Audi and VW do them amongst others).

Well the key fell out of my fob yesterday and rather than re-unite the key with the alarm bit of the fob, I am wondering if both the key and the alarm gubbins (i.e. the Meta alarm) could all be transferred into a snazzy flicky key fobby thing.

I could of course go and ask Audi if they could help but I was wondering if anyone has tried it, or has any suggestions on where I could get it done.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Buy a secondhand Golf, mate. :thumbs:

The things I do to get my hands on a flicky key fob thing. :cry:

·
Registered
12,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No Morgan, unlike you, my plan is to not to do away with the stylish part of the motor but rather to enhance it.

:tut: :tut: Swiss would not be impressed :p

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
The stylish part of the motor is me. :thumbs:

It's always me, dear boy. :cool:

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Sorry Guys, the blades are different and the remote circuit is so different it could never be made to fit.
You could possibly fashion a blade only key with no remote function but I don't think it would look that good - and who wants to lose their remote on purpose.

I've got new Red key cases if that helps?

·
Registered
12,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bum. Thanks for your response Chris - that means I need to find the little screw that goes into the nut which attaches the key to the fob...

R

·
0 Posts
my 147 has 3 switches open, close, and boot lid and flicky fobberoony feature!!

S

·
0 Posts
Is it possible to buy replacement key fob plastic cases?

My 156, two button flip key is held together with electrical tape. One side of the case is missing. Still works though!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts