Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i need to replace my flexi pipe on my exhaust i just want to know where can i get it from and how much i already have some one who can weld it for me i just need to buy the part thanx

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try going to an exhaust fitters and they should be able to supply and fit one for you...
i would normaly but i can get it fitted for free and need to save my pennys for my next car :p

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
you can buy flexi [ ilock type ] on ebay for <£20 , then get the old one cut off & the new section weded in its place.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I had exactly the same job done last week........

For £180......!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

What?

I just brought the complete replacment flexi pipe and fitted it myself. replacement pipe was £50
In fact I've now replaced the whole exhaust except manifold for around £200!

Although I do have a very annoying metalic vibrating and have no idea where it's coming from!!! :mad:

·
Registered
144 Posts
What?

I just brought the complete replacment flexi pipe and fitted it myself. replacement pipe was £50
In fact I've now replaced the whole exhaust except manifold for around £200!

Although I do have a very annoying metalic vibrating and have no idea where it's coming from!!! :mad:
Yeah, £180 - they had to take the cat off, to cut the old flexi out, then welded in a new one in stainless steel so it had a bit more longevity...did you weld yours in whith it all in situ?

The metalic vibrating you mention might be your heatshield...? I had the same thing for a while, but the garage bolted it down double tight when they did the work.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts