Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The flexi-pipe on my daughter's 147 1.6 exhaust is leaking resulting in an MoT failure. I have found sites that do just the flexi-pipe but they are round and on the 147 they are flattened slightly at the ends. Does anyone know of a supplier of the non-round type or of anyone who will do the necessary to make a round one fit? I'm unwilling to take up one quote at the moment as it is rather more than I was expecting. If necessary I'll remove the down-pipe/double cat and take it to where it can be welded. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Go to your nearest custom exhaust place like powerflow for example. They will do it for around 80 quid all in. Including the flexi pipe. It is not that difficult to make a round one fit. So ignore the drama queens who tell you otherwise. All they want is your money. First garage i went to made a big deal about the fact that the pipe was oval and seemed to think it would take at least 2 hours and wanted £180. Needless to say i walked away. Went to a powerflow outlet and they said no problem £80 all in.

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go to your nearest custom exhaust place like powerflow for example. They will do it for around 80 quid all in. Including the flexi pipe. It is not that difficult to make a round one fit. So ignore the drama queens who tell you otherwise. All they want is your money. First garage i went to made a big deal about the fact that the pipe was oval and seemed to think it would take at least 2 hours and wanted £180. Needless to say i walked away. Went to a powerflow outlet and they said no problem £80 all in.
Thanks for that. I'd emailed Powerflow before but not had a reply, I'll 'phone next time. If I still had my gas bottles I'd have tried using some heat on a round one to ease it into shape. The quote I had was for £70 the part and £170 to fit.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Thanks for that. I'd emailed Powerflow before but not had a reply, I'll 'phone next time. If I still had my gas bottles I'd have tried using some heat on a round one to ease it into shape. The quote I had was for £70 the part and £170 to fit.
shop around mate. you will get a decent quote eventualy.
its far cheaper than getting a new pipe with the cats. now thats a heart breaker.:(
Oh yeah it took about an hour to do mine.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
you can buy flexi section on ebay for <£20

search for ILOK products.

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you can buy flexi section on ebay for <£20

search for ILOK products.
Thanks, I'd noted them some time ago but they're round in section and not oval. Also it was tricky deciding the correct size for modification and then I don't have my gas bottles anymore. I've put some feelers out to find someone who can do it reasonably. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts