Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The Fiat uk fleet and re-marketing boss said in the magazine " “Alfa Romeo’s brand heritage will only get you so far but I think we know what we need to do – first and foremost the product must be right. We are really excited about Giulia: the premium sector is a real challenge because there are some very good, heavyweight players in there. But with Alfa Romeo 155 and 156 we’ve done it before and achieved a level of success that was led by the strength of the brand and the attractiveness of the product.”

Although the car will not go on sale until later this year, already Bleasdale is working with fleets and influencers to ensure the positioning, pricing and wholelife costs are at the right levels. It gives him and his team the necessary time to convince the market that Alfa is here to stay."

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Encouraging but was the 155 that successful? I would have classed it as an also ran.

·
Registered
387 Posts
192,618 v 680,000
Not sure what he meant about the 155 /156 either. In terms of brand awareness the 155 /156 had a lot of coverage (DTM, BTCC in particular for the 155) and the 156 styling won a lot of people over. In terms of fleet sales neither were on terms with the volume manufacturers as far as i am aware.
Giulia is in a very different market to 155/156 and will be interesting to see what happens looks promising so far.

·
Registered
36,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In the same interview the man from Fiat says 28% of Fiat 500 sales are to fleets. Ford is at 12% fleet sales but then Fiat probably register a lot to their employees as they did with most 159s seeming to be first used by Fiat employees or associate company employees.

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Here's hoping! My giulietta lease runs out November, there are a couple of lower end 320d Bmw in there (my car list) so I might just manage it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color

·
Registered
445 Posts
Not sure what he meant about the 155 /156 either. In terms of brand awareness the 155 /156 had a lot of coverage (DTM, BTCC in particular for the 155) and the 156 styling won a lot of people over. In terms of fleet sales neither were on terms with the volume manufacturers as far as i am aware.
Giulia is in a very different market to 155/156 and will be interesting to see what happens looks promising so far.
The 155 was actually quite successful in Italy - not sure about other countries. I know that it was well known in the UK and Germany due to the BTCC and DTM; there's a clip from the 1993 Norisring DTM race on Youtube, shot by a guy in the grandstands and when two 155s go past a 190e for the lead, you can hear the crowd cheering...and that's what Alfa might need in the immediate future.

They're talking about F1, but I can't see that happening - Ferrari wouldn't be pleased, for a starter. The WTCC, on the other hand...

Not that it will ever matter to fleet buyers, anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts