Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
77,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes very good band. my ex girlfriend sent me the album the other day. have you got it?
not yet - just listened to a few tracks on telly (vids on demand - no not those ones)

likes it - am big Beach Boys fan - some of the harmonies are great

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I like the Hymnal one....It was on the radio all week when i was doing DIY around the house...I bought the Albulm and the rest is growing on me.

S

·
0 Posts
I bought this a while back based on Jed's recommendation. It's OK and one or two tracks are rather good.

I'm starting to get bored with it though. I don't think it's destined to become a classic.

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
Well, I still like the very far off place Fleet Foxes take me when I listen to them. Perhaps not party music, but one for daydreaming (which I like doing :thumbs:).

That mixture of classic English Folk and West Coast (US not Cornwall!) harmonies still sound refreshing and unique set against the majority of "successful" acts around today. If you want soporific, listen to Coldplay!!

And as for not being a future classic, I can't really say. One person's "classic" is another's "shell-station-bargain-bucket".

All I can say is that these guys have punched way above their weight, had (and are still having) a profound effect on the music scene they took by storm. I'm just glad they received the critical acclaim their work deserved last year.

Vive la les those Foxes!!! :cool::cool::cool:

·
Premium Member
77,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I still like the very far off place Fleet Foxes take me when I listen to them. Perhaps not party music, but one for daydreaming (which I like doing :thumbs:).

That mixture of classic English Folk and West Coast (US not Cornwall!) harmonies still sound refreshing and unique set against the majority of "successful" acts around today. If you want soporific, listen to Coldplay!!

And as for not being a future classic, I can't really say. One person's "classic" is another's "shell-station-bargain-bucket".

All I can say is that these guys have punched way above their weight, had (and are still having) a profound effect on the music scene they took by storm. I'm just glad they received the critical acclaim their work deserved last year.

:)

·
Registered
17,218 Posts

Bang on; I really like them :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
Aye - the difficult second album.
This track starts as if it has too many clever lyrics to fit into the melody, but it settles downs nicely and ends beautifully cohesive (not sure if those words are naturally good bedfellows :mad:)

Looking forward to its release. Cheers for posting Mr Monza :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts