Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know those modern flat wiper blades that everyone seems to be raving on about?:rolleyes:

Well I just got myself a nice pair that fit straight onto the standard Alfa 156 arms.... Supposed to be a 21" and 22" IIRC.... Anyway I got two 22" wipers and they fit perfectly, work great but ya know what???? The best thing was the price!..... Go on, guess:rolleyes:

£3.00 each :wow:
From Tesco's
Now that's what I call a bargain:D

Tight fisted Ronny strikes again :lol:

·
Registered
900 Posts
ive just changed mine for bosch ones, wanted the flat style.... i can see tesco from my house!!!:mad:

well i suppose every little helps mate

·
Administrator
45,145 Posts
The Tesco ones have got mixed reviews on here. If nothing else, they suffer from being ugly as sin, with massive box-sections where they meet the wiper arm which look unsightly, especially on something as pretty as an Alfa.

The Bosch ones are truly excellent, and quite svelte. I'm going to carry on paying the extra.

·
Administrator
45,145 Posts
Show off :p

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Have used two different flat style, changed back to standard Bosch ones this time round, apart from a bit of wind noise I fond them better at cleaning the windscreen....!

·
Registered
102 Posts
yep running bosch aereo flats too ! 3.00 is good but ive had cheapys b4 and thay scratched my windscreen .
how sad are we talking about wiper blades it does make warm a fuzzy inside being able to chat about these things lol

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
i've got teh flat ones and they work great. Came from ebay mind you. Only thing is on the passenger side where the window curves away the wiper doesn't follow. So at the beginning of the wipe it misses about an inch of the edge. I don't care though as 156 looks much better and i can still see!!!

·
Registered
900 Posts
how have people fitted the flat ones??? universal?? part numbers??

·
Administrator
45,145 Posts
how have people fitted the flat ones??? universal?? part numbers??
Windscreen Wiper Blades - Bosch, Valeo, Trico, Trupart, Champion Windscreen Wipers

Stick your car details in, and there are retrofit flat blade kits for older cars.

As said above, I would definitely recommend the Bosch. I tried the Valeo first as I rate their standard wipers much higher than Boschs, but the Bosch flat blades are far superior.

Biffa - perhaps your problem is not that they are flat, but that they are crap? ;)

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Flat blades are not really suitable for overly curved windscreens...
I'm not impressed witht the ones i'm using (tesco)...

they are, if the curves are bent right... I should know, until last year august I welded those things together for Bosch...

strange how the curves are specific for each windscreen, yet the aftermarket ones are usually good for a number of cars... well, not really but that's economics for you...

btw, i use a set intended for the 166 on my 155... works good aswell and payed only £10 (genuine bosch)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
They work very well on my windscreen, silent and clear the drops without smears.
I bought my brother-in-law some for his 156 JTD too. He had slight issues with all wiper blades including the new flat wipers I got him...
After some head scratching and a trip to a local breakers yard for some replacement arms, they now work perfectly!

We compared the old and new arms, you could slightly see a little more twist in the old drivers side. The old passenger side spring was really stiff in comparison...
Lesson learned!
Maybe it's all to easy to blame the blades as they are the cheapest and most obvious thing to replace.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts