Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I read on one of the paint colour threads that the F/L was offered in red, but does anyone own one or know if any were physically sold in the UK?

If so was the paintwork any better than the earlier red that with time faded?

Just wondered as I cannot recall ever seeing a rhd red f/l even in a photo. Infact I think the only one that I have seen piccies of is Marius' 2.4JTD!

Thanks

·
Registered
494 Posts
Checking brochure, solid red was availiable, along with silver, 3 shades of grey, metallic and solid black (which i suppose are the most common).
Other less common colours availiable were metallic red, dark metallic blue ,which i've seen on facelifts, with the other availiable colour being emerald green which is probably more rare than red.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Gareth - wonder if any were sold in the UK in red?

I was wondering if the quality and finish of the paint was any better than the pre-facelift red cars (or whether it still faded) after I saw a couple of 04/54 plate 147s earlier in the week where the paintwork still looked like new - no fade at all and both had 70k+ miles on them. :cool:

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I would say the quality of the paint is prety good.
My facelift 166 is 5 years old now, has 150.000 kms, no respray and stil looks fresh.
I also had a red '99 156 that was pinky-orangey by the time I bought it in 2005.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts