Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking to replace the wiper blades on my 54 plate 147 as they had started to squeak and smear so I dutifully went to my local motor factors and bought a set of Champion X3s.

Now I like the original drivers side 'spoiler' blade and so on this one only replaced the rubber. However, not three weeks later this was doing the same squeak and smear routine as the old ones.

I also have a facelifted 147 with the flatbeam wiper blades and these do seem a major step forwards over the old style wiper blades so I set out on a search to find some flat beam wiper blades for my old style wiper arms (with the 'hook' at the end).

Eventually I found that Trico and Bosch do make them, but it was incredibly difficult to find somewhere that sold them. I found some on Ebay that I really thought were the Bosch 'Retro Aero' ones and bought them. Guess what! they weren't! After two weeks one had 'pinged off' landed in the road and been run over by another car - in the pouring rain of course!

So now I was looking for my third drivers side wiper blade in a month. I found the 'proper' Bosch retro aero flat beam wiper blades, £26.25 for both front wipers and fitted them. They are far more secure and much, much better in their performance and the way they look - following the line of the arm as the original but closer to the screen.

If you are thinking of changing your wiper blades on a pre 04 car have a look at the flat beam ones. But I really would be careful what you buy!:)

·
Registered
30,392 Posts
Plenty of people on here have the Bosch AeroTwin retro fit blades.
Most got them from WIPERBLADES.CO.UK

·
Registered
211 Posts
Have you tried cleaning the glass, you can use tcut or similar although I use Autoglym Glass polish followed by Autoglym Fast Glass spray used with a newspaper.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
The flat-blades are superb, I have the Bosch retro fits on our 156 and they've never squeeked, chattered or juddered once. The old blades did that all the time.

·
Registered
297 Posts
i have flat blades single best mod to my car. excellentthings

·
Premium Member
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you tried cleaning the glass, you can use tcut or similar although I use Autoglym Glass polish followed by Autoglym Fast Glass spray used with a newspaper.
Thats what I use and it lasts about a week before it needs doing again! Perhaps I'm lazy but it isn't like that with other cars I've owned.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Just ordered my self these ... pretty sure they're the same one sold by wiperblades.co.uk (but a couple of quid cheaper ...)

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
They arrived today, geniune bosch parts (well they were in a bosch box and had bosche written on them) ... they fitted perfectly :thumbs: ... now just got to wait for it to rain :thumbs:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts