Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to start the car tonight and the battery was flat, could this explain why the last time I used the car 2 days ago the central locking failed as each door had to be unlocked manually?

I also noticed that the ongoing problem of airbag warning lights has disappeared, all the other warning lights still light up, but the airbag ones seem to have vanished.

I remember reading on here that a duff battery can cause all sorts of electrical problems, but can't find the post.

Have priced a new battery for £68 inc VAT, so will pick that up in the morning.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now to work out how to remove the fuse box from above the battery, they don't like us doing things easily do they!!

·
Registered
975 Posts
It's not difficult at all... There should be two screws, screwed into a red plastic bushing (often missing) remove those, then undo the battery clamp and the fuse box should be free. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Lets hope the battery is not going flat because of a drain otherwise you waste your £68.Plenty of things can cause a drain including a faulty rev counter which can cause a back light to stay on.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lets hope the battery is not going flat because of a drain otherwise you waste your £68.Plenty of things can cause a drain including a faulty rev counter which can cause a back light to stay on.
The current battery has a window and according to the instructions, green for ok, black for flat, clear for dead. Mine is clear, what with all the other electrical problems such as no reverse lights am hoping a new battery will solve the problem. I'll take it to the garage in the morning and see if they can test the battery then?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good and bad news, had the battery tested this morning, it was running at 9.2v. £70 later and a new battery and bingo my central locking works again.

Thank you for all the above advice and suggestions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts