Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Got a bit of a problem with my car alarm. I got a flat battery a few days ago, and had it jump-started yesterday morning then drove for 45 minutes hoping to recharge the battery. Problem was that the car alarm started going off as soon as the engine started, and didn't stop until I stopped driving (very embarrassing in peak hour traffic!), so I think it was draining the battery while I was trying to charge it. Needless to say, the battery was flat again last night. I'm thinking I might get the alarm disconnected, as I don't use it anyway. Has anyone else had this problem and know how to get around it? Other option might be to replace the battery altogether, but it's not that old and should recharge okay.
Cheers, A.

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Batt should be ok! Get your alarm fixed, wan*ers always go for non-alarmed cars, plus it may increse yr insurance if you dont use it, worse they may not pay out, if they find a check (unlikely, but still)!

W

·
0 Posts
how old is the battery? you could have a power leakage problem but as we enter the cold spell I expect us to have more dead battery stories.

wrinx

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello and Welcome !! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi. Battery is about 12 months old. I'm in Australia, so cold weather is definitely not the problem at this time of year!
Thanks.

W

·
0 Posts
Ah, Australia...didn't know that :D

How about the battery not being charged properly by the alternator? Can you get the charge tested?

wrinx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts