Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Was wondering if anyone could help. I went on holiday to return to a 155.18 16v with a flat battery! When tryingto jump start it, it wouldn't fire up and the orange code light was flashing. I tried the Code tricks in the sticky tread above, but this didnt seem to work. Anyone have any ideas on what it could be before i pay a fortune to get it towed to an Alfa garage? I have my red key.

Cheers

Chris :confused:

W

·
0 Posts
Charge the battery (fully) and try again, if this fails stick a new battery on and see what happens.

wrinx

P

·
0 Posts
I have a similar problem to this. Left my car at parents for a while at Xmas and the battery flattened :(

When I stuck a new battery on, the alarm went off and wouldn't cancel with the key button. In the end I turned it off in the glovebox and it has been like that since. The code system is still working though.

Has the alarm system lost its memory of the key code? And can this be reinstated easily without screwing anything else up?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
decided to get a new battery yesterday instead of charging the old one. All seems to be fine now but i have the same problem as you with the alarm! not too worried about it though, just as long as it drives!

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
I think there's a thread about it somewhere, cant be bothered to do a search, sorry. But from the top of my mind, there seems to be a procedure on how to match the fobs with the alarm. I haven't got the 155 manual with me at the moment. I'm on Hols at my parents place, if you can call removing the gearbox from the car numerous times hollidays anyway. I would have looked it up for you guys, honest :rolleyes:

Try doing a search, or PM me next week and I'll see what I can do :cool:

W

·
0 Posts
You need the four digit code, usually on a scrap of paper somewhere or on your spare keys.....don't bother reading any further if not!

Please search for the proper info as this is from memory!!

Press the Roof receiver until the LED flashes then input your code in the form of each press is for a corresponding number. i.e. four presses equals the number four.

After each number is input you'll get one more flash to request the next number.

What I can't remember is if you need to press the key near the receiver at some point

:confused:

wrinx

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
If you need to find out the code for the alarm reciever, try opening up the key and checking if the code is still on its sticky paper inside the key on the chip.
Failing that, try the National Security Register- I did, but they only had the key code (the physical cut of the key), and the immobiliser code (for the emergency starting prodeedure. :(
Failing that, try getting a second hand alarm reciever from a breaker which has the key. I think new recievers are about £150- and I'm sure they come with the access code- unless anyone can say different.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts