Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I jumped in my 2000 2.0 selespeed yesterday, and when I went to start it the 'N' on the gear display was flashing and it wouldn't start. I put it in 1st, then back to 'N' and it started ok...Once i was driving around, under braking in 1st or 2nd the number would flash. Also sitting at the lights the 1st would start too. Its driving fine but what does this flashing number mean ? Its been suggested the 20 pin plug can cause this ? is there an actual selespeed warning light ?

·
Registered
30,487 Posts
Yes there is a Selespeed warning light, it looks like a box with a lever on the top.

If the Selespeed warning light is flashing it means that the pressure in the Selespeed system is low. Usually a faulty pump or pump relay.

I think the flashing number may relate to a poor connection on a shaft speed/position sensor in the gearbox.
But also check all the main Selespeed connections, including the two massive connectors on the Selespeed ECU.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.