Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started the car last night and the odmeter display was flashing. Stopped now but can't seem to find anything in the owners manual about this.

Anyone tell me what this is.

Drive a 147 1.6 120 turismo

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Do a search about "proxy alignment". You'll find that, during the start the system does a complete check up. If something fails but it's not a fundamental problem, the odometer will flash but everything will work. Next time you'll start your car it will probably be fine and you wont need to worry. But if it keeps flashing you might need to check it with your mechanic.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Happend intermittently on my 147 also. Switched the ignition off and on and flashing stopped. Never had any mechanical or electrical probs with the car so just put it down to one of those things.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Its been discussed in lengthy threads here before so I'd recommend searching for <flash> :cheese:

Anyways, it simply means you didnt leave enough time for the CANBUS to do its checks. Just wait for all lights flashing to go off when you first, count to 3 and start her everytime. The flashing doesnt happen if you follow this 'ignition sequence'.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts