Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I've a question about a flashing handbrake light in my dashboard.
This light flashes when i pull up from a traffic light till 3rd gear (No the lever is not pulled)

It does so even when i'm doing it calm

anybody a suggestion

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Check your level of breakfluid. and fill it up. I had the same problem,when i was accelerating

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My car was doing the same thing a few months back. Each time I pulled away from a halt sign, the hand brake light would come on. At first it just flashed briefly but then it came on for longer periods of time. I checked the fluid and it was at correct level.

It turned out to be the rear pads needed replacing. I had the discs and pads replaced all round (they were in desperate need) and now the problem has gone away. Check your rear pads, it could be as simple as that.

John

·
Registered
447 Posts
DO NOT FILL UP THE BRAKEFLUID!! It's always because off brake pads that need to be replaced.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx, all

i'll let it checked because my complete braking system is replaced for annual checkup

not something te be happy with

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The brake pads are OK, i had a leaking clutch cilinder (is this the right word?)

cost repairing about 75 EURO

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So it was the fluid level.

When my clutch cylinder failed I lost the pedal, it just failed to come back down after I pressed it in. Bit of a shock driving along with no means of disconecting the clutch. New cylinder cost £40 from Alfa dealer. Only £25 from motor factors though but they couldn't get one straight away, so I had to go to the dealer :rolleyes:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dear christian and guyz above,
same happened to me today! accelerating quickly (as always) and a red flash on the dash but went out before i could see which light it was, i'll keep an eye out and try your suggested remedies if need be
thanks all
raj

1 - 8 of 8 Posts