Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Yes, Africa Grey 156 (mine), black Mazda 6, Black VW mk5 Jetta, Silver VW Bora, Silver Audi A4, Yellow Seat Ibiza, Blue Seat Ibiza, Midnight Purple R33 Skyline, White Ford Sierra and all of their wheels. Amazing stuff :D

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Has anyone tried FK1000 on there car yet??? Seen an example of what it can do on another website and wondered if anyone has tried it on an Alfa?

Have a look at Astra VXR to my standard - Detailing World

Gives an amazing result and it's cheap for the results.:wow:
I had actually looked at the thread yesterday and the stuff seems to crop up alot! You cant beat black when its clean. Have you seen my car in the Just Images thread? Its solid black also and looks awesome but only for a day lol. I just did it by hand aswell.:)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I've just ordered a tin and will see how get on with it. Has anyone got tips on application hand/machine dry/damp rag or polish applicator pads???

Cheers

·
Registered
1,446 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Like every typical man, I couldn't wait to play with the FK1000, so I did a little tester on the rear door. Apart from the orange peel paint it has come up quiet well. Just hope the rest of the car does the same.:cheese:

Attachments

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
Aye! But your paint looks in quite good nick innit, so we're not really asking too much of the FK1000. You need to split that door into 2 sections, separated by a bit of tape.. then put the FK on one side, some other product on the other and then take another picture.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Aye! But your paint looks in quite good nick innit, so we're not really asking too much of the FK1000. You need to split that door into 2 sections, separated by a bit of tape.. then put the FK on one side, some other product on the other and then take another picture.

Ralf S.
I didn't do a 50/50 but I have one treated quarter panel (I actually only touched the bit above the round) and one never polished/ fk'd if that's any good to you

Untreated

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x173/kennycrum/P6070405.jpg

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x173/kennycrum/P6070404.jpg

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x173/kennycrum/P6070403.jpg

After

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The only problem with FK1000 is that I didn't want to do the whole car until I managed to get the stone chips and scratches done. I've just spent a few hours doing the stone chips and then doing a very quick polish and wax. If I get time I might give the car a full treatment this weekend. So far I highly recommend it, but be warned that it is little bit hard to remove from a black car on a warm day.... but I still love it. More pics to follow soon.

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
Admittedly 10,500rpm's photos show the treated bit as having more depth and lustre.. but compared to a section that is untreated.

So far so good... It'll be interesting to see Davy's FX vs A.N Other photos...

Ralf S.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts