Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Im working on getting my newly acquired Spider into shape, although on a DIY budget.

The front bumper is painted yellow, but the underlying plastic is black. This leads to some pretty visible black stone chips on the yellow paint. I have provided pictures.

Im thinking of touching up the black stone chips with a very small brush and paint, so that they become less visible. At least try one or two of them before i go to town on the rest. Does anyone have a paint to recommend?

Im a bit skeptical to repaint the whole bumper, as it is quite expensive and i've heard that the color match to the rest of the car can be poor.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I’ve never used them but I’ve heard good things about Chipex products. Also don’t lower the hood below 10 degrees as you’ll crack the rear window. Great colour for a Spider although I’m not sure you’ll get full use out of it... last time I was in Norway it was freezing, down to -45 at night and a barmy -25 during the day.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip about the paint product and the hood and cold weather!

I'll check out the chipex products. My car i bright/solid yellow, so i hope they have a decent match for my color.

Hehe, norwegian weather can be a bit unforgiving or very nice depending on where you live and the current state of climate in the north sea. West-coast (mild(thank you gulf stream!), but windy and rainy depending on the mountain formation), north (colder the further north you get, windy, snowy), south (warmer/sunny, but tend to have a bit of wind), east (warm/sunny, less wind than the south), the inlands (very cold during the winters, lots of snow, not much wind, good summers).

I live by the sea in the east so I expect the cab-season to be May-September/ early October. :rotate: :cool: :vs_sun:

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
for stone chips dont use a brush its to large an area for such a small area you are trying to treat................ use a cocktail stick by cutting the wooden pointed end off a few mm from the end then you have a perfect "dabber" to get all the very small chips you likely have

1 - 4 of 4 Posts