Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just completed the fifth year of ownership. As with previous years, here is an update.

The car is a December 2007 build 2.4 210BHP manual with 18" wheels and electric seats, whatever that spec was called in the UK. I have averaged between 25000 and 26000 kilometres per year. The warranty was 3 years.

Year 1

Had to replace windscreen after stone damage. Replacement suffered from dreaded creak - treated with silicone as explained on this site. Noise went away permanently after about four treatments.

Year 2

Cracked pipe in aircon due to fouling wiper mechanism. Replaced under warranty with mkII design that avoids problem.

Year 3

Lost plastic bleed plug in cooling system (needed tow). Replaced with metal version under warranty.

Original 440 amp battery failed. Replaced under warranty with 700 amp model.

Started to get odd behaviour during DPF regens. Got mk I model EGR replaced with mk II. Problems went away.

Glow plug warning light came on so had them replaced.

Year 4

No problems!

Year 5

One of the rear window winders came adrift. Replaced.

Had front disc pads and rotors replaced. Rotors too worn to machine, supposedly.

Noticed occasional smoke from under car. Diagnosed as leaking fuel pump seal. Replaced.

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was off the road for a while last year after an encounter with wildlife, but you can't blame the car for that!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Sounds good to me...

If I listed everything that had gone wrong with my 1.9 in the past 12months I'd be here all day!

The repairs have cost me the same as the purchase price of the car (almost!)

But I get in it every morning (after checking/topping up the oil) and know why I wouldn't be happy with anything else.

After 12 months ownership I still have people coming up to me I carparks or in businesses I visit telling me what a fantastic looking car I drive.

only today a guy I work with has asked my advice about which 159 he should buy, he wants his new workhorse to stand out from the BMW's and Audi's in the company car park.

I've said it before, and no doubt I'll say it again, "are you addicted yet?" Too bloody right I am........

Axe...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts