Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought the wind defector from Classic Alfa and was about to try to fit it. However the instructions are slightly ambiguous as there are potentially 2 bolt positions (see attached photo) which the bracket which attaches to the wind deflector can attach to. Should I use the top one or the bottom one? Also if I completely undo the bolt to attach the bracket will anything fall off?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
I'm pretty sure mine bolted to the bottom one but I'll check tomorrow - I just did one side at a time and nothing fell off

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I fitted mine just like you did (didn't fit the brackets) and it sat fine for 11 summers until I sold the Spider - miss it on these sunny days.
I did fasten the bolts a little loosely, so I could tip it backwards when I wanted the wind on very hot days.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
All done! Just off for a drive to try it out.
Looks good Jimmy - they are great piece of kit, especially in the winter - like Erik mine isnt done up too tight so you can swing it down, that has the added bonus of keeping stuff in the back out of sight and prying hands when your driving through town, you can also swing it right down behind the seats when the tops up then drop the hood for showing. I've also strung some leather cloth between the seats to fill the gap and stop draughts but then I'm a big fan of driving on crisp winter days ...

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
does that also allow you to fit the soft top cover (the hard wing one)? or do the brackets get in the way?

Nope. That's why I haven't got one :(

·
Registered
436 Posts
does that also allow you to fit the soft top cover (the hard wing one)? or do the brackets get in the way?
Yes it does. You just need to cut too small slits in the cover to allow the brackets to pop through. It works a treat! I'll post a photo when I get a chance.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Does that wind deflector make a significant difference to the wind at speed?
I came home last night in my 911 at 95 mph for 190 miles and her majesty was able to smoke and we could talk comfortably. At 50 mph in the spider we have to hold onto everything not nailed down......also how much are the deflectors please?

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Does that wind deflector make a significant difference to the wind at speed?
I came home last night in my 911 at 95 mph for 190 miles and her majesty was able to smoke and we could talk comfortably. At 50 mph in the spider we have to hold onto everything not nailed down......also how much are the deflectors please?
I'd be a bit careful what you say on the forum about speed, if your expecting it to be the same as a 911 then no it wont be - however it does make a considerable difference and reduces buffeting a lot
AC073 WIND PROTECTOR/DEFLECTOR - ALL SPIDERS 1970-93 - Classic Alfa

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
yes it does. You just need to cut too small slits in the cover to allow the brackets to pop through. It works a treat! I'll post a photo when i get a chance.
I didn't have to cut slits in mine, the bits that allow the seat belts through were enough.

·
Registered
489 Posts
They are not that expensive really then. May have to invest. The buffeting reminds me of my old spitfire thirty years ago.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts