Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people,

wanted to fit a new stereo to my Y reg 156. Removed the old one ok, which was an Alpine (not factory fitted), but the wiring is totally different from what's on the new one.

You may gather that I'm not the most savvy guy around when it comes to techie stuff, so I thought I'd show a couple of pictures and see if anyone can tell me what I need to connect one to t'other.

The connectors leading out of the unit are tagged:
REAR RCA OUT - R (Red)
REAR RCA OUT - L (White)
SUB-WOOFER (Blue)
Microphone IN (Black) I can work that one out

Thanks for any help in advance.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Looks like you need and ISO addaptor lead... Also, well worth looking at the sticky in the I.C.E section regarding fitting a new head unit in a 156; you may need to switch the power/switched power wires around.

D

·
0 Posts
Try following the wiring back from that white plug in 1st photo - how are those wires connected into the factory loom ?

Did you new stereo not come with the cabling to run into the back of the new unit ?

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Yes I'd say Iso adaptor lead is whats in the back of your new stereo.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
yeah that white block coming from your car is an alpine iso lead. follow te wires back, and it should be connected to the black and white iso blocks of your car.

your new radio should have come with its own iso connector, that plugs into the cars loom and the stereo (the big black block on the stereo).:thumbs:

that white one is for the old stereo and need to come out, just follow back until you get to the cars standard wiring:thumbs:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many thanks to all who replied. You were all correct; pulled out about 4 miles of cable, found the correct ISO, discarded 3 miles of unwanted wiring, plugged in and turned on. Works fine. Had to fit it into the dash with a hammer mind you, but pretty much a doddle. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts